December 21, 2009 at 11:54 am , by Mandy Hendrix
I was recently at the launch of Phyto’s new hair styling products, which were tested by the uber-stylist Andy Lecompte. He’s worked with fabulous ladies as Madonna, Selma Hayek and Penelope Cruz, all of whomsport nearly perfect hair. The simple trick he taught me takes about five minutes and gives me full hair with controlled waves. Andy called it the new Brigitte Bardot—a style that looks appropriate for any occasion.
Five simple steps to Brigitte-worthy hair:
- On dry hair, use a small squirt of hair cream to coat strands. This helps calm static, frizz and hold the style. I like Neutrogena Triple Moisture Smooth Shine Anti Frizz Cream.
- Twist hair starting at the nape and pin with a duckbill clip. These ensure that you won’t have any dents in your hair–important when you want a smooth style.
- Blow dry hair completely until hair is warm to the touch. The heat is what sets waves and creates volume. Keep the clips in until hair is completely cool.
- Remove clips and fluff hair. You may want to spray with a light working hairspray. My favorite: L’Oreal Elnett.
- Create a small puff at the top of your head for extra volume. Use a small comb for backcombing (gently, please!) and hairspray to hold in place. Use a bobby pin or two to hold hair.
Photo courtesy lhj.com
3 Responses to “Beauty Coach: Bardot-inspired hair”