January 19, 2010 at 3:37 pm , by Gabrielle Porcaro
In lieu of a “new year, new me” philosophy, I decide to clean out the top drawer of my dresser (aka my underwear drawer) and reevaluated my bra collection. Here are some tips to freshen up your lingerie drawer:
*Get measured for a bra at least once a year.
* Your bra shouldn’t ride up in the back. It should be level across the bodice from back to front.
* Your bra should feel (and look!) good.
* Your cups should not runneth over! That means everything should fit into the bra: When you try it on, lean over and jump up and down to make sure everything stays put.
* Here are the number of bras you need:
- 3 to 5 everyday bras that you can wear under anything (one should be nude)
- A strapless bra for formal occasions
- A convertible bra
- A demi bra
- A push-up bra or a minimizer (depending on your size)
- A sports bra
- A special occasion bra (aka something sexy!)
* My favorite bricks-and-morter store is Intimacy (but you can check out their website for other great tips, too).
Want some more specific suggestions? Check out our lingerie story for the LHJ fashion department’s bra (and undie) picks.
8 Responses to “Go Ask Gab: Lingerie Tips”