October 12, 2010 at 10:36 am , by Gabrielle Porcaro
I can’t find skirts that are a work- (and over-15-year-old) appropriate length these days. Everything’s so short! Any suggestions? — Tara
Personally, my current shopping hunt has been for a short black skirt that’s not so tight. As a fashion editor, I can get away with short skirts but short and tight skirts are a little too Kelly Bundy for my taste. For those of you who are looking to be a bit more modest, here are some suggestions.
- Banana Republic is always a great store for skirts. I’m loving this stretch pencil skirt, it’s classic and falls just above the knee.
- Boden is the perfect resource if you are looking for colored and pattered skirts with ladylike lengths. This autumn printed skirt is fun and offers something a little different in your wardrobe.
- Every lady probably has several black skirts in their wardrobe so if you’re going to buy a new one, choose something a little different, like this Ann Taylor flounce skirt that flares at the bottom.
- Gap has a cute navy/red square print skirt. A full skirt should always be paired with something fitted on top.
- This pencil skirt with ribbon hem from LOFT is appropriate for work and flirty for night!
- Denim skirts are great transitional season pieces. J.Crew has a denim skirt that’s très chic and on sale.
- Talbot’s is another store with lots of options for appropriate-length skirts. This corduroy skirt not only has a good length but it also comes in petites and plus.
Hopefully you found this useful. I even found some shorter skirt options for myself so it’s win-win!
2 Responses to “Go Ask Gab: Appropriate-Length Skirts”