July 29, 2011 at 4:36 pm , by Maggie Niemiec
Ah, summer: the season of delicious barbecues, skimpy clothes and great music. With a million songs to listen to, it’s hard to know where to start. Here we’ve narrowed it down to the best foot-tapping, head-bobbing, lip-syncing tunes sure to get your summer rockin’.
- “Last Friday Night (TGIF),” Katy Perry – I love dancing to this, and the music video with Kathy Beth Terry cracks me up.
- “Summer Nights,” Rascal Flatts – “Come on ladies, it’s time to pop that top” (off the convertible, of course!)
- “Rolling In the Deep,” Adele – I never get sick of her soulful sound.
- “Smooth,” Santana featuring Rob Thomas – Santana’s legendary guitar playing plus Thomas’ seductive voice equals one hot hit.
- “Summer Love,” Justin Timberlake – Makes me think of that summer crush. Swoon.
- “Judas,” Lady Gaga – Definitely the best dance track on her “Born This Way” album.
- “Forget You,” Cee Lo Green – Whenever I hear this, I turn the stereo all the way up and sing at the top of my lungs.
- “Summertime,” Kenny Chesney – Country Music Awards’ four-time entertainer of the year, Chesney is the undisputed king of summer music.
- “Only Girl (In the World),” Rihanna – The pop princess came back better than ever with this single.
- “All I Wanna Do,” Sheryl Crow – All I wanna do is have some fun, just like former LHJ cover girl Sheryl Crow.
- “Blow,” Ke$ha – Although I hate to admit it, she sure knows how to make a catchy song.
- “Empire State of Mind,” Jay Z feat. Alicia Keys -It’s my first summer in New York City, so this song is my jam.
- “Kids,” MGMT – Sure to get stuck in your head.
- “Party Rock Anthem,” LMFAO – The best going-out song. Period.
- “Twist and Shout,” The Beatles - Makes me want to run outside and dance in the street like Ferris Bueller did.
What’s your favorite summer song?
3 Responses to “Sounds of Summer Playlist”