November 12, 2013 at 7:00 am , by savings.com
With Halloween behind us it’s time to face it — the holiday race is on! The season of shopping is most certainly upon us, whether you’re feeling like Santa or Scrooge this year. But no one needs to know you didn’t pay full price! Check out these awesome deals from around the web.
- Bloomingdale’s. Friends & Family: Save 20% off Fashion & Home Items Coupon Code: SAVINGS20 Expires: 11/17/2013.
- Bath & Body Works. $10 off Orders $30 or MoreCoupon Code: BBW1050 Expires: 11/24/2013.
- Lands’ End. Friends & Family Event: 30% off SitewideCoupon Code: FRIENDLY Pin: 3055 Expires 11/12/2013.
- Clarins. Buy 2 Get 20% off Site-Wide + Free SampleCoupon Code: CLARINSFF13 Expires:11/13/2013.
- Finish Line. $20 off Orders $100 or MoreCoupon Code: 20SVNGS Expires 11/30/2013.
— Post brought to you by the editors at Savings.com
This post contains affiliate links.
November 7, 2013 at 8:00 am , by Maggie Niemiec
Two Broke Girls star Kat Dennings looked absolutely stunning at the Thor: The Dark World premiere this week. Her simple chignon hairstyle, understated makeup, and berry-red lips make the perfect pretty and polished look for the holidays. It’s totally appropriate for your office’s annual holiday bash but transitions easily to drinks with your friends later that night. Romantic and classy, this is a look we’ll be wearing over and over again.
November 4, 2013 at 9:00 am , by Bethany Cantor
Here at LHJ we’re always in search of women inspiring women. It’s our goal (and sheer delight) to help tell stories of women who are giving back and impacting the world in a positive way. When one of our favorite beauty companies, L’Oreal Paris, reached out to share their Women of Worth program with us we just knew we had to tell you about it. L’Oreal shares our admiration of strong, proactive, intelligent women and every year they celebrate women “who have made a difference through volunteer work in their communities.”
This year’s honorees were all nominated for their incredible work and each woman will receive a $10,000 donation to the charitable cause she holds most dear. But (and here’s where you come in) L’Oreal needs your help to choose one National Woman Of Worth from amongst this year’s honorees to receive an extra $25,000 donation to her cause. Get to know the ladies and their causes below, then go vote in one of three ways:
· Visit WomenofWorth.com to cast your vote.
· Head to the L’Oréal Paris’ Facebook and “Like” the post and photo about your favorite Woman of Worth.
· Check out their Twitter feed and re-tweet the tweet about the Woman of Worth you support.
2013 Women of Worth Honorees
November 4, 2013 at 7:00 am , by savings.com
Believe it or not, beauty and fashion retailers have already kicked off some of their best deals of the year in anticipation of the upcoming holiday season (yes, Christmas shopping is really upon us, people!). Whether you’re getting a jump on holiday shopping or you’ve been waiting for a good sale on beauty necessities or fashion upgrades, now is a great time to go for it.
To help you maximize your shopping budget, we’ve got the top fashion and beauty deals across the web for the week of November 4.
- With this offer from Spa Finder you’ll save 15% on gift card purchases over $200. (And be forever known as the best gift-giver ever.) Use coupon code FALL15. Expires 11/30/2013.
- Whether you need to give a gift or stock up on some bath products for yourself, save 20% on your entire purchase at Bath & Body Works. Use coupon code NEWLUV. Expires 11/24/2013.
- Save 20% on your intimate apparel purchase at Macy’s. Use coupon code FIT. If you’d prefer to shop in-store, use this 20% off printable coupon. Expires 11/11/2013.
- Get $100 off your purchase over $500 at DKNY. Use coupon code RESORT2013. Expires 11/15/2013.
- Still need some new boots for fall and winter? Save $22 on your order over $100 — and get free shipping — at Shoes.com. Use coupon code SAVINGS10. Expires 12/31/2013.
— Savings.com Editor Susan Yoo-Lee
This post contains affiliate links.
October 31, 2013 at 8:00 am , by Maggie Niemiec
Happy Halloween! Even if you’re not one for costumes, you can still get in the spirit with these killer hair and makeup ideas from our fabulous beauty bloggers. Scroll down for our faves—and head over to their blogs for more frightfully fun tips.
Karen from Makeup and Beauty Blog went as a fall fairy, complete with gold and copper eye makeup, shimmery nude lips, and bronzed skin.
Dallas Shaw is all about darker makeup this season. The super chic look is perfect for a fancy Halloween bash.
Amber from Beauty Blogging Junkie breaks down how to do this gorgeous grunge-chic manicure—it’s easier than you think!
Keiko Lynn‘s metallic gold lids and glittery nails make the ultimate over-the-top statement, while still looking totally glam.
Emily of Beauty Broadcast dressed as Mary Ann from Gilligan’s Island, with pigtails, bronze skin, and long fluttery eyelashes to match.
October 29, 2013 at 7:00 am , by savings.com
With temps falling, those transitional pieces from your summer wardrobe probably aren’t cutting it any more. Time to shop for more weather-appropriate fall and winter clothes and accessories that will keep you warm while it’s getting cold!
Your closet probably isn’t the only place that needs updating, though — changing up your skin and hair care routine to include products that help ditch the dryness are a necessity during this time of year. To help you load up on fashion and beauty items for the new season and save some cash in the process, we’ve scoured the web to bring you the 5 best fashion and beauty deals from around the web this week:
- Need some fall and winter basics? J. Crew will take 25% off your orders over $150 so what are you waiting for? Use coupon code SHOPNOW. Expires 10/31/2013.
- Right now you can save $60 off purchases over $150, and get free shipping, at New York & Company. Use coupon code 1439. Expires 10/31/2013.
- Now’s a great time to stock up on some shoes, too. Crocs will take off $15 off your purchase over $75. Use coupon code OCT7515. Expires 10/31/2013.
- Whether you’re looking for a great new eyeshadow or a little something festive for your nails, get 20% off your entire purchase at Ulta. Use coupon code 108654. Expires 11/02/2013.
- Want to keep your hair feeling and looking soft and sexy? Save 25% on your entire purchase at Folica by using coupon code SPOOKY25. Expires 10/31/2013.
— Savings.com Editor Susan Yoo-Lee
October 24, 2013 at 8:00 am , by Maggie Niemiec
Think ponytails are just for the gym? Think again. Take a cue from actress Kate Beckinsale, who demonstrates how to take a pony from “I just rolled out of bed” to total bombshell. The volume in front, the perky height in back, and the gorgeous tousled curls are perfection. You’ll definitely want to break out this hairstyle at all your upcoming holiday parties.
To do it yourself, start with hair that hasn’t been washed in a day. (Use some dry shampoo at the roots if you need it.) Curl your whole head with a medium-barrel curling wand. Tease the crown to give your hair volume and create a sexy bump. Pull your hair into a high ponytail and secure with an elastic. For an extra chic touch, wrap a strand of hair around the elastic. Feel free to tease the hair in the pony if you want more body, and don’t forget to finish with a spritz of hair spray.