February 24, 2014 at 9:33 am , by savings.com
- 1928 Jewelry. Extra 25% off sale items (Coupon code: extra25c). Expires 02/28/2014.
- Jewelmint. 20% off sitewide, plus free shipping (Coupon code: JHY7PMXA). Expires 02/28/2014.
- SusanB.. 20% off all orders (Coupon code: NEWFAN). Expires 02/28/2014.
- Limoges Jewelry. Save 22% off sitewide (Coupon code: FEBSAVINGS). Expires 02/28/2014.
- Zales. $20 off your purchase over $200, plus free shipping (Coupon code: SAVINGSAFF13). Expires 02/28/2014.
February 20, 2014 at 8:00 am , by Tiffany McHugh
English actress Camilla Luddington looked fresh-faced and gorgeous at the Make-Up Artists and Hair Stylists Guild Awards that took place in Hollywood earlier this week. While she’s no stranger to looking prim and proper (she did play The Duchess of Cambridge in Lifetime’s adaptation of William & Kate after all), we’re loving the I-woke-up-like-this vibe of her fun messy bun. Here’s how to get her look.
To get Camilla’s casual-cool hairstyle, skip the smoothing serum and prepare to embrace your flyaways. Begin by brushing your hair with a paddle brush (this Warren-Tricomi Style Cushion Brush is one of our favorites) and then pulling it into a ponytail. Pause during the last loop, only pulling hair a quarter of the way through, leaving the ends of your hair out (you should end up with a loop-shaped bun). Take the excess hair and twist it around your finger, then wrap the twisted strands around the loop bun as many times as necessary, depending on the length of your hair (Hint: you might want to grab hold of your loop bun with one hand and wrap with the other, so that you don’t end up helicoptering your hair around and messing up your pony.) Use bobby pins to secure the twist and any uncooperative odds and ends (if you have long or layered hair, you’ll probably need a few!). Grab random sections of your bun and pull gently, loosening it a bit and adding more volume/texture. Finish by spritzing with a light hairspray, like this one by Mark Hill, which doubles as a shine enhancer.
Loving Camilla’s dewy makeup? Check out our step-by-step guide to highlighting and contouring.
Categories: Beauty, Ladies' Lounge | Tags: bun how to, Camilla Luddington, celebrity hairstyle, celebrity hairstyles, fun bun, fun bun how to, hairstyle how to, how-to, messy bun, messy bun how to | No Comments
February 19, 2014 at 8:00 am , by Bethany Cantor
Let’s all agree to just ignore the cold and lingering snow, shall we? We’re focusing our energies on bright new separates, perfectly worn-in denim, and airy accessories. If by any chance you are still dusted in snow (like us, le sigh) pair this bright jacket with a camel or white turtleneck until temperatures warm up.
February 18, 2014 at 3:02 pm , by Bethany Cantor
We get it, Winter, you’re big and bad. You’re a bully of the worst kind–unrelenting–shoving us into the same miles-thick sweaters and clompy boots for weeks on end. We’re so over you. So, instead of indulging you with another post full of warm layers, we’re letting our imaginations turn to that elusive season called spring. We’ve heard rumor that it’s a time of sweet sunshine and mild days. Should this time ever arrive, we’re planning to indulge in our new favorite trendy color–cobalt blue– and some fabulous white boyfriend jeans. Check out more of our favorite cobalt blue pieces, here, and keep your mind fixed on sunshine. (We’re going to will this winter away!)
February 18, 2014 at 10:10 am , by savings.com
- Kenneth Cole. $50 off full priced purchase of $200 or more, plus free shipping (Coupon code: SPRING50). Expires02/28/2014.
- Sierra Trading Post. Extra 30% off orders $200 or more (Coupon code: ALFEB4) Expires 03/06/2014.
- Saks Off 5th. Extra 50% off all orders (No code needed). Expires 02/18/2014.
- New York & Company. $25 off orders over $75, plus free shipping (Coupon code: 4054). Expires 02/28/2014.
- Kohl’s. 15% off all orders (Coupon code: CELEBRATE). Expires 04/16/2014.
February 13, 2014 at 8:00 am , by Tiffany McHugh
While there are plenty of contenders, we consider Camilla Belle a best-brows-ever veteran — a title she so graciously preserved at the premiere of Cavemen in Los Angeles last week. Dewy skin and minimal eye makeup balance the ferocious vibes cast by her choppy bob hairstyle and bold, nearly-matte lip. If we had to guess, we’d say her pout was inspired by Pantone’s color of the year, Radiant Orchid (we recommend trying this matte lip gel by Marc Jacobs Beauty — you’ll get the pigment of a matte with the comfort of a gel). The entire look is strikingly sexy and fashion-forward without overdoing it.
Want eyebrows like Camilla’s? Check out this step-by-step video tutorial.
Categories: Beauty, Ladies' Lounge | Tags: Beauty, bob hairstyle, bold lip, bold lipstick, bright eye makeup, celebrity hair, celebrity hairstyles, celebrity makeup, choppy bob hairstyle, eye makeup | No Comments
February 10, 2014 at 10:59 am , by savings.com
- Bliss. 20% off Bliss, Remede and Elemis products (Coupon code: SAVINGS). Expires 02/28/2014.
- The Body Shop. Buy 2, get 1 free on all orders (No code needed, click through). Expires 03/02/2014.
- Silk’n. 25% off sitewide, plus free shipping (no code needed). Expires 02/17/2014.
- Bath & Body Works. $10 off orders $30 or more (Coupon code: S141770). Expires 02/16/2014.
- Ulta Beauty. $5 off store brand primer or cosmetic brush orders $10 and up, plus samples (Coupon code: 102153). Expires03/01/2014.