March 3, 2010 at 10:50 am , by Khalil Hymore
And the cookie goes to…me!
Wow, plain old sugar cookies just got WAY more glamorous. Check out these awesome Oscar cookies from Eleni’s—now an annual tradition for this haute New York bakery. They use edible ink and paper to create adorable (ahem, George Clooney and Colin Firth) caricatures of this year’s best actor, actress, and picture nominees. Order a set and then honestly admit to partying with film icons Sandra Bullock, Morgan Freeman, and Meryl Streep or newcomers Carey Mulligan and Gabourey Sidibe.
Hmm…now the only question is, who do I eat first? I’m looking at you, Helen Mirren.
March 1, 2010 at 4:24 pm , by cdewet
Unless you are a big movie buff, you might have forgotten that the Academy Awards are on this Sunday! I usually tune in just to watch the disastrous red carpet interviews and then call it a night, but last year my friend Lisa (our entertainment guru here at the mag) urged me to throw a small gathering for the event. It was an absolute blast! Why not host your own little shindig this year? Read on for Entertaining Expert Mark Addison’s great suggestions on how to host a red-carpet worthy Oscar party.
- Have a Polaroid camera set up near the entrance to snap attendees as they enter. Encourage guests to come dressed to impress for the “paparazzi.”
- Serve Best Picture-themed snacks and beverages such as:
- Pandora punch with blue Kool-Aid and a crazy straw.
- Popcorn out of a football helmet for The Blind Side with iced “Gator” Aid.
- Chocolate-covered dog biscuits for Up! (your furry friends can join in the fun too).
- Play a compilation of music from the soundtracks for the Best Picture nominees. During commercials, encourage guests to dance or play “Name That Movie” for each song.