October 27, 2010 at 9:47 am , by Erica Metzger
This week’s guest blogger is Audrey McClelland of Mom Generations.
I love all things beauty and fashion related. All my life it’s been this way. But it’s funny, because there are two definite versions of my fashion and beauty self: the one before kids and the one now, after kids. Running my fashion and beauty blog for moms, Mom Generations, and also being the Beauty/Style editor on Lifetime Moms allows me to share (and truly understand) the need for beauty routines that don’t take much time. We’re talking 10 minutes, tops. As a mom of four young boys (ages 2, 3 5 and 6) and a 50 percent work-at-home mom/50 percent work-out-of-the-home mom, I’ve had to simplify my beauty routine down to minutes. I no longer have the luxury to be in the bathroom for 30 to 45 minutes prepping and beautifying. I need to act quickly, and that means finding products that work well for me and apply easily. I have blogs to write and deadlines to hit by 7am. And, of course, my mom duties! When you have four boys asking to help them get dressed, put toothpaste on their toothbrushes, brush their hair, find socks that match, tie their shoes… you can see that my morning beauty routine is constantly being interrupted. But, you know what It’s okay. This is why I have my beauty routine down to a well oiled-machine. I’ve come to rely on 6 products that save me every single morning and make my beauty routine, well… an actual beauty routine.
1. Olay’s Deep Cleansing Face Wash This face wash leaves my skin feeling clean, fresh and soft. It’s the perfect way for me to start in the morning.
2. Lancome’s Imanance Tinted Moisturizer I love this product because it moisturizes my skin beautifully, but also leaves it with a wonderful tinted glow. Imanance also stays on all day long, which is a huge benefit because I’m usually running here, there and everywhere all day.
3. Estee Lauder’s Bronze Goddess I never, ever leave home without my “goddess” on. This is my hands-down favorite and must-have beauty essential. I love the pick-me-up that the bronze powder gives my cheeks. It’s ALWAYS on.
4. Estee Lauder’s Double Wear Stay-in-Place Eye Pencil It’s amazing what a little eye makeup can do. It literally makes eyes come alive… even on mornings when you were up all night with your baby (or in my case, babies…).
5. By Lauren Luke’s My Glossy Lips This gloss is utterly amazing. I’ve never had anything condition my lips the same way. It’s smooth and soft and gives my lips the ultimate shine.
6. Dove Cream Oil Hand Cream Don’t laugh! I’m obsessed with this stuff! My hands are always dry. They’ve been this way my entire life. Add 4 little boys, washing, changing, laundering… you get it! This cream is my saving grace in the morning after I apply my makeup and all day long. It leaves my hands amazingly soft for my little guys and for me!