March 30, 2012 at 11:37 am , by Rachel Shippy
There is nothing I don’t love about a striped pattern – it’s clean, it’s playful, it can be edgy or preppy and let’s face it, the nautical stripes vibe just makes me feel one step closer to owning a boat (can you blame a lady for dreaming?). The Journal‘s fashion editors also had fun with the trend (and with 2 Broke Girls‘ Beth Behrs) in our March issue, and bloggers everywhere are coming up with their own eye-catching ways to feature this design staple. Check out some of my favorites from Pinterest this week…
You can find more on the Journal‘s Stripes board.
March 22, 2012 at 4:11 pm , by Rachel Shippy
Whether it’s my clothes or the walls of my apartment, it’s safe to say I’m typically drawn to bold, uniform colors but lately the ombré trend has really caught my eye. If you’re not familiar with the word ombré, it is a French term referring to the gradual gradation of color and is also quickly becoming a favorite of Pinterest boards everywhere. That’s right – it’s not just for paint chips anymore! Here are some of the best ombré pins that made LHJ’s board this week…
Find more colorful pins on our Om Sweet Ombré board.
July 6, 2010 at 3:48 pm , by Gabrielle Porcaro
It’s 99 degrees today in NYC! It’s hot, it’s humid, it’s gross, it’s not fun. It’s days like today that I thank my lucky stars that I am a lady. Men don’t have a lot of choices for work attire in such hot weather. They show up to work in sweat-covered dress shirts while us girls have the option to throw on an easy short dress. Seems like this summer is going to be a scorcher so here are some great dress options I found:
1. I love me some navy and white stripes. This Aqua dress from Bloomingdale’s is cute for work and weekends.
2. Can’t go wrong with a printed wrap dress. This Ivette dress from Tory Burch is currently on sale.
5. LOFT has so many good dresses, it’s hard to choose just one. (Seriously ladies you should all be checking that store out—trust me.) This green dress with sequin detail is 50% off the sale price… that’s $25!
6. Anthropologie is another great store for dresses. Although they might be a bit pricier, a unique dress is a good investment, right? This super-chic and sophisticated style is my personal fave.
7. Have an important meeting? A simple flattering shift dress (this one is from Banana Republic) can do you no wrong. Just carry your blazer in your bag until the meeting.
Please note: These dresses are appropriate for most offices, but of course use your own discretion.
April 20, 2010 at 11:02 am , by Sue Erneta
Spring has just sprung so let’s celebrate everything springy: The birds singing, the flowers blooming, long sunny days… and sale shopping! I put this great look together online. Don’t I look cute?
Dress – I’m dress-obsessed this season and I can’t wait to get my hands on this classic shift in a modern print. It’s down from $158 to $89.99 at Ann Taylor. (Sizes are limited online but check stores for more options.) Bonus: It comes in petite!
Shoes – This cute natural-colored peep-toe is perfect for work! It’s a great deal at Nine West: was $89, now $59.99.
Necklace and Bag – I’m adding color to my look with accessories from Loft. This beaded necklace looks so luxe and it’s only $29.99 (down from $44), while the bag is super fun and versatile: You can remove the chain and use it as a clutch—plus it’s only $69.99, down from $98. And, shhh…if you go to the store, they’re offering an additional 30% off all sale items, which will make the necklace $20.99 and the bag $48.99—that’s more than half off!
Four pieces for a cute spring look—and we saved over 43%! (Check out more of my bargain shopping tips in the May issue of LHJ or see the story right here!) Happy spring, and happy shopping! So, tell me…what great deals have you scored lately?