February 18, 2014 at 10:10 am , by savings.com
- Kenneth Cole. $50 off full priced purchase of $200 or more, plus free shipping (Coupon code: SPRING50). Expires02/28/2014.
- Sierra Trading Post. Extra 30% off orders $200 or more (Coupon code: ALFEB4) Expires 03/06/2014.
- Saks Off 5th. Extra 50% off all orders (No code needed). Expires 02/18/2014.
- New York & Company. $25 off orders over $75, plus free shipping (Coupon code: 4054). Expires 02/28/2014.
- Kohl’s. 15% off all orders (Coupon code: CELEBRATE). Expires 04/16/2014.
January 27, 2014 at 10:18 am , by savings.com
If you’re anything like us, the start of a new year is the perfect excuse to purge your inbox of all those unwanted, unused newsletter subscriptions (except for the ones from LHJ, natch)… and to sign up for some new ones that you’ll actually put to good use! This week’s deals include savings of up to 25% off on intimate apparel, shoes, purses and more — just for signing up for their newsletters.
- MeUndies.com. Save 20% on your purchase when you join (Coupon code: SMARTER20) Limited time offer.
- ShoeDazzle. 20% off All Orders + Free Shipping (Coupon code: styleme20) Limited time offer.
- BustedTees. Get 1 free shirt and free shipping when you join (No code needed) Limited time offer.
- Little Black Bag. 25% off all orders (Coupon code: pinterest25) Limited time offer.
- Ellie. Save 20% on your purchase when you join. (Coupon code: BFF20) Limited time offer.
This post contains affiliate links.
January 23, 2014 at 8:00 am , by Tiffany McHugh
If we can put forth just one prediction for the most popular hairstyles of spring, we’ve got a pretty good front-runner: Messy, romantic updos. Sandra Bullock is just one example of a celeb hopping on the messy-pretty hair train, as many leading ladies are ditching their flat irons and opting for a more undone take on classic romantic hairstyles. We’ll teach you how to get in on the trend.
If your hair is naturally curly, let it air dry and embrace it’s messy texture. For straighter hair, you want to curl your whole head with a 1-inch curling iron (we love this one by Conair), wrapping hair so that it curls back, away from your face. Once you’ve finished, run your fingers through your hair from the crown to mid-length, de-structuring some of the curls. Part your hair horizontally from ear to ear about 2-inches or so from the crown, sectioning off the front part with a clip (you’ll work more delicately with this section later) and teasing the hair behind the part. Once you’ve created a heightened foundation, return to those front pieces that you sectioned off and lightly comb them back from your hairline to blend in with the heavily teased section. Here you can loosely concentrate around your natural part to create some direction like we see in Sandra’s style. When you’re satisfied with the volume, loosely twist your hair into a bun or ponytail and secure with an elastic (or bobby pins, if you’re rocking a shorter style). Take the pointy end of your teasing comb and gently lift random sections of hair at the crown to create more piecey-ness. Mist your entire head with a flexible-hold hairspray (try Matrix Total Results Amplify Volume Hairspray) to set the style.
Not sure which curling iron to use? Check out our foolproof guide here.
Channel the rest of Sandra’s gorgeous look with:
January 21, 2014 at 12:07 pm , by savings.com
- Gaiam. 20% off orders of 2 or more items (Coupon code: AF20SAVINGS). Expires 03/31/2014.
- Athleta. Save up to 60% on new markdowns (No code needed). Limited time offer.
- Lucy. Save $8 on socks, buy 2 for $20 (No code needed). Limited time offer.
- Target. Get $5 off $20 of more order of C9 by Champion Apparel (Coupon code: TGTC920). Expires 02/24/2014.
- Yoga-Clothing.com. 25% off sitewide (Coupon code: CYBER10). Limited time offer.
This post contains affiliate links.
January 16, 2014 at 7:00 am , by Tiffany McHugh
Natalie Zea was bold and beautiful last week at the 2013 TCA Winter Press Tour FOX All-Star Party. We love her entire romantic look but what stands out for us most is her rose gold smoky eye; it’s perfect for those who are interested in experimenting with a classic smokey eye but typically shy away from dark makeup.
Here’s how to get Natalie’s look: After applying your usual primer and foundation, go the extra mile and pat on an eye shadow primer from your lash line to your brow bone (try Nars Smudge Proof Eye Shadow Base – it’s lightweight but powerful formula will keep your shadow in place for hours). This extra dose of primer will keep your gorgeous eye makeup in place all day. Next select your eye shadow palette – you’ll want it to range from a pale pink shimmer to a deep plum matte (we recommend Urban Decay’s new Naked 3 palette , which is rose gold specific).
Begin by using a light eyeshadow such as Urban Decay’s “Dust;” blend this shadow from your lash line all the way up to your brow bone. Next, cover your eye lid only in a medium rose shade such as Urban Decay’s “Buzz”. Use and angled brush to smudge that same color along your lower lash line. Finally, blend a dark reddish tint such as Urban Decay’s “Darkside” into your eyelid crease and blend any lines. Finish your upper lash line with a swipe of liquid eyeliner. The, use highlighter to brighten the inner corners of your eyes. Swipe on some mascara (top and bottom lashes!) and you’re good to go!
To see a video tutorial on how to achieve the perfect smoky eye, click here!
Loving this look? Check out our guide to Bold Eye Makeup for Real Women here!
January 13, 2014 at 1:49 pm , by savings.com
Oh the weather outside is … frigid!
Don’t let freezing cold temps keep you down! Instead, use this week’s top clothing deals from places like Ann Taylor, New York & Company and Tommy Hilfiger to keep you fashionably warm all season long.
Bring on the cold!
- Ann Taylor. 40% off Full Priced Items (Coupon code: STYLE40). Expires 01/17/2014.
- New York & Company. Big Big Sale: Save Up to 80% on Entire Site (No code needed). Expires 01/15/2014.
- Tommy Hilfiger. Extra 40% off Sale Items (Coupon code: TBD). Expires 01/20/2014.
- Anne Klein. $20 off Orders $100 or More + Free Shipping (Coupon code: AKEM9). Expires 1/31/2014.
- The Limited. $10 off Orders $30+ (Coupon code: 488). Expires 02/02/2014.
This post contains affiliate links.
January 13, 2014 at 10:41 am , by Bethany Cantor
It’s that time of year again–awards season–aka the only thing that could tear us away from Downton Abbey on a Sunday night. The 2014 Golden Globes ceremony was packed with more A-listers that ever before and judging by the frenzied pace of the Twitter conversation last night, most of you were watching! Tina and Amy brought the house down, Jennifer Lawrence didn’t fall up the stairs (and she own again!), and some of our favorite women made pregnancy look downright glam–it was a big night.
As is always the case, some definite trends emerged as each celebrity took her turn in front of the cameras. Red was everywhere: on lips, on dresses, on the bottoms of heels, of course. Eye-catching, shimmering metallics were a favorite, as well. But perhaps the most popular accessory of the night was an interesting hemline. High slits, high-low styles, and even T-length styles were all over the red carpet.
Beauty-wise, bold lips, sleek, straight hair, soft, girly makeup, and sophisticated updos were the winners of the night.
In traditional award-season fashion, our web team has culled their favorite looks from the night for you to peruse. Do you agree with our picks? Which look blew you away?