March 1, 2012 at 8:00 am , by Ladies' Lounge
Do you love chef and Food Network personality Giada De Laurentiis as much as we do? She graces the cover of our April 2012 issue—which officially hits newsstands on March 13th—and in her interview with us she opens up about her adorable 4-year-old daughter, the importance of friends and family, and her passion for cooking. She also shared exclusive recipes from her new cookbook, Weeknights with Giada: Quick and Simple Recipes to Revamp Dinner, which comes out on March 27th. We loved her cookbook so much that we decided to we decided to give away a copy and throw in over $300 worth of products from her Target kitchen line, including a 10-piece cookware set! Click through the slide show below to see all of the products we’re including in the prize pack, and enter to win by leaving a comment below. Good luck!
March 16, 2010 at 3:35 pm , by Khalil Hymore
As a food editor, my inbox overflows daily with new food products. Today, I received a box of wine, several tins of chocolate, and packets of microwave rice. It’s (mostly) a delicious job, but someone’s gotta do it! As you would expect some products are better than others, and some….well, I won’t name names, but some just leave Tara and I scratching our heads, asking “what were they thinking?” The best food products are always the simplest. We love these products because they’re delicious and they’ll save you time:
- Women’s Bean Project Mixes - The Women’s Bean Project hires women with histories of unemployment and poverty to manufacture and pack a line of gourmet foods as a way to teach job readiness. Our shipment of soup, dip and brownie mixes were packed by Anita and Tonya—thanks ladies!
- Schoolhouse Kitchen Anytime Spreadable Fruit – Schoolhouse Kitchen is another gourmet food company with some definite do good spirit. Not only are their spreadable fruit comptes delish (loved the Strawberry-Black Peppercorn and the Cherry-Blackberry with Sage and Clove) but profits from the sale of their products benefit The Farm-Based Education Association.
- Better Oats Instant Oatmeal – Tara and I LOVE Better Oats oatmeal! Why? Because it’s healthy (whole oats, not processed pieces and flax seed in every packet) and contains less packaging (Yay! Better for the environment!), but mostly because 2 minutes in the microwave equals a stovetop quality oatmeal.
- Giada De Laurentiis for Target Pasta Sauce – I’ve been a huge fan of Target’s Archer Farms brand for years (I love, love, love their granola bars and potato chip flavors), but their new partnership with Food Network star Giada De Laurentiis really shines. The sauces (Tomato Basil, Creamy Tomato, and Vegetable Marinara) taste much more expensive than their $3 retail price.
- Canterbury Naturals’ Mixes - Canterbury Naturals’ line of baking mixes require only a few extra ingredients beyond the box. If you have milk, butter and eggs in your fridge, you’re well on your way to making a great side dish for dinner or better yet, dessert!