March 1, 2010 at 4:24 pm , by cdewet
Unless you are a big movie buff, you might have forgotten that the Academy Awards are on this Sunday! I usually tune in just to watch the disastrous red carpet interviews and then call it a night, but last year my friend Lisa (our entertainment guru here at the mag) urged me to throw a small gathering for the event. It was an absolute blast! Why not host your own little shindig this year? Read on for Entertaining Expert Mark Addison’s great suggestions on how to host a red-carpet worthy Oscar party.
- Have a Polaroid camera set up near the entrance to snap attendees as they enter. Encourage guests to come dressed to impress for the “paparazzi.”
- Serve Best Picture-themed snacks and beverages such as:
- Pandora punch with blue Kool-Aid and a crazy straw.
- Popcorn out of a football helmet for The Blind Side with iced “Gator” Aid.
- Chocolate-covered dog biscuits for Up! (your furry friends can join in the fun too).
- Play a compilation of music from the soundtracks for the Best Picture nominees. During commercials, encourage guests to dance or play “Name That Movie” for each song.