October 29, 2009 at 9:12 am , by Mandy Hendrix
On the eve of packing for a trip tomorrow, I’m running around my apartment like crazy trying to figure out which shoes will go with the dress I’m wearing to a wedding, deciding between a coat or a mid-weight jacket is more appropriate, and whether or not I can get away with jeans for a birthday dinner. Clothing is the hardest thing for me to figure out for a trip, but I have my beauty arsenal down to a science.
Here’s my short list of essentials:
• Tresemme Tres Two Hairspray; Somehow this manages hold but is never sticky.
• Fekkai Brilliant Glossing Shampoo and Conditioner To Go; I love traveling with my own shampoo and conditioner so I can predict how my hair will turn out, plus these smell amazing.
• Basis So Refreshing Facial Cleansing Cloths; For when you’re just too tired to wash your face. Bonus—they’re individually wrapped.
• Kiehl’s Crème de Corps Nurturing Body Washing Cream; hydrates well enough that I don’t need to pack body lotion.
• Avene Redness Relief Soothing Cream SPF 25; This is actually my daily moisturizer but it’s small size (and plastic tube) makes it ideal for travel. Honestly, I don’t know what I’d do without it.
I also love to experiment with fun, travel size items and different makeup. (Maybe you’re traveling to a new location, or catching up with old friends, why not have fun with your look?) I’ve enjoyed playing with these in my makeup bag:
• Trish McEvoy palette; Trish makes amazing organizers which have helped me pack as much makeup as I need in a one tiny, little compact.
• Maybelline Color Sensational Lipcolor; I’m usually traveling for some type of event and love a bright color on my lips.
• Jergens Natural Glow Healthy Complexion Daily Facial Moisturizer; My secret to coming back with a little color on beach vacations? It’s this Jergens moisturizer. The small size—and SPF—make it a perfect pick. No one knows the “tan” is fake except me.
Photo by Chispita 666.