May 3, 2012 at 11:59 am , by Sue Erneta
It’s official. My toes have been released from the confines of winter. Now, I know that the weather has not been very warm in New York but once I wake my toes from their cold weather hibernation, there’s no putting them back. No more boots. No more tights. So, today I’m taking you shopping for some new summer sandals at one of my favorite shoe companies: Nine West. There’s simply not another brand on the planet that hits every shoe trend at such amazing prices. Here’s my hit list of the top 5 shoes to have this summer.
1. Something flat – We shot these gold beauties in Joshua Tree (you can see the story in our June issue on newsstands May 8th) and though I live in my gold Matt Bernson flat sandals every summer, I think I need to shake it up a bit and add these into the mix. Wewantit, $79.
2. Something floral – Like I said, when the toes come out, they stay out but a little peep might be enough. These would be fun with the pretty, blushy colored skirts and dresses we’ve been seeing this season. (I got this one from Zara.) Feelngood, $99.
3. Something nude – I get a new neutral platform sandal each spring because I wear them to death. By “wear them to death”, I mean there is literally no life in them at the end of the season. This summer, I’ll be picking up Nine West’s Hotlist in Light Natural Leather ($89) because they’re cute and not a bad substitute for the YSL Tribute that I’ve been coveting forEVER. (Um…$795? Not for something that me and the New York City streets are going to murder in 3 months time. Well, actually not for anything!)
4. Something bright – High heeled wedges are so comfy that they’re like slippers to me so I’ll definitely be picking up these bright orange (or should I get the yellow? No, the orange. No wait…) woven heeled wedges. Oh, they’re on sale! Maybe I’ll get both. Troischic, $59.
5. Something crazy – Oh boy, it’s that gorgeous Hotlist style that I loved in nude but this time it’s in…muticolored glitter! Could any outfit be sad with these babies on your feet? I don’t think I need to tell you that my 1st grade diva daughter nearly passed out when I brought these home. Hotlist glitter sandals, $69.
Say it with me…Free Those Toes! Free Those Toes! (And don’t forget your pedi! Zoya’s bright orange Paz is going to be my summer 2012 color.) Happy shopping!
All images from ninewest.com
June 15, 2011 at 9:21 am , by Sue Erneta
My boss thinks I’m crazy. No, really. You should have seen her face when she saw the shoes I was wearing yesterday. Actually, a lot of people think I’m crazy for the heels I wear. But to me, they make perfect sense.
You see, I’m 5’1″. (Well, really 5′ 3/4″ but don’t tell anyone.) And in this glamorous fashion industry filled with statuesque beauties, I can often feel a little intimidated if I choose flats on a day when everyone else is wearing heels. (And believe me, most people working in fashion wear heels everyday.) But I promise – I’m not crazy enough to wear uncomfortable shoes. Anything that pinches my toes, causes major blisters or makes the balls of my feet throb, gets left in the back of the closet (or the shoe graveyard under my desk). And lucky for me, I consider sky-high heels to be comfortable with one caveat – there’s got to be a platform in the front. I don’t know what I’ll do when this platform trend is over because it really saves me everyday.
So, other than my need for a little extra height (with a 4-5 inch heel, I can actually be…not tall but…average!), there’s one other reason why I wear these crazy shoes. I like them. And isn’t that what fashion is all about?
So, tell me…what crazy trend do you follow just because you like it?