October 12, 2011 at 9:51 am , by Ladies' Lounge
Nothing goes so well together as a juicy burger and a sweet piece of pie and at the 2011 Blue Moon Burger Bash, (part of the New York City Wine &Food Festival) presented by Pat LaFrieda Meats and hosted by Whoopie Goldberg, tasters could get their fill of both!
The event was a gluttonous feast of burgers, cooked on the new Hamilton Beach outdoor grill, milkshakes (at a station manned by Duff Goldman) and of course, the ultimate in pie indulgence.
For the first course, chefs from 20 different restaurants dressed their burgers in explosively delicious flavors using jalapeño, bacon, cheddar and other secret ingredients and presented them for judging by some of the biggest names in food: David Burke, Adam Richman, Andrew Zimmern and Anne Burrell.
As tasty as the burgers were, I had my eye on the massive dessert table jam packed with endless rows of pies created by Dangerously Delicious Pies which were, in fact, dangerously delicious.
I was in heaven going back for 2nds, ok maybe 3rds, and my favorite was the chocolate pie. It was just as creamy and delicious as the Ladies’ Home Journal Chocolate Covered Pretzel Pie. Check out the recipe for our amazing chocolate pie, along with many other tempting varieties, in the October issue and bake up some decadence. — Cathie Yun
May 4, 2010 at 10:07 am , by rbailey
Hmmm… what should I get Mom this year? Check out some of our fave products that are perfect for the kitchen-savvy mama.
* Does your mom like to bake pies? Help her get prepared with the Kitchen Krafts Pie Essentials Kit for the in-season spring and summer fruits.
* Go with a pretty spring theme and get your mom a Nordicware Floral Cupcake Pan. Don’t forget to bake cupcakes for her after she opens it!
* No kitchen is complete without a heavy-duty baking dish. You can make everything from fillet of sole to brownies in it, so this is a gift Mom can use all year round. Present the sleek and colorful Calphalon Ceramic Baker with her favorite dinner in it!
* Here’s a fun activity for you and Mom to share: home canning and preserving. (Yep, canning is cool again!) Try the new Ball Home Canning Discovery Kit.
* Spring and summer means delicious fresh fruit. Making your own juices is super-quick with the Cuisinart Citrus Juicer. Just present it to Mom with a nice, cold glass of freshly-squeezed OJ.
* Does your mom like a little spice? Organize her dried herbs and spices with the Super SpiceStack. It’s convenient, cute and it doesn’t take up too much space on the counter or in a cabinet.
For more Mother’s Day gift ideas check out our 2010 Mother’s Day Gift Guide!