April 19, 2012 at 12:01 pm , by Sue Erneta
There are so many great sales going on right now (click here for links to Loft and Ann Taylor‘s 40% friends and family sale! Through April 22nd only) but I figured I’d take you on a little shopping tour of my favorite place to score a deal: J Crew. Through tomorrow, you can use code MUSTHAVE to get an extra 30% off all final sale items so those are the prices I’ll be quoting. Check out these deals:
1. Peplum Fresco Floral Top – At a sale price of $140, it’s still not exactly cheap but if you consider that this ultra-stylish piece from J Crew’s coveted Collection line was originally $350, then I think it’s time for me to figure out how I can hide the credit card bill from my hubby.
3. Ruched halter tank swimsuit – Without a doubt, this is one of the most flattering bathing suit shapes. Halter neck + ruched tummy means I look like I actually stuck to my diet. And at $42, it’s a far cry from the original sticker price of $82.
4. Cafe capri pants in abstract leopard – Not for the faint of heart (or the thick of thighs!), these pants will be so cute in the summer with just a t-shirt and sandals. ($56, down from $148)
5. Merino boyfriend sweatshirt – For $35 (down from $89.50), you can have a jump on next fall’s wardrobe.
6. Taryn Gown in ivory – Need a wedding dress for under $200? Well, this one is $140 because – yes – J Crew has everything….
7. Leopard printed ipad case – I don’t have an ipad but if I did, this baby would be mine. (It’s been on sale forever. Why is it not selling out? It’s only $7!)
Happy sale shopping!
July 12, 2011 at 3:57 pm , by Sue Erneta
Ok – I know I’ve written about my love of J Crew in the past – many, many times – but when a brand is that good, I need to talk about it a lot. There are many reason to love J Crew – the full breadth of products that are offered, the classic-with-a-twist designs – but the biggest reason for me is the sales.
Believe me, if you really want something from J Crew, don’t wait! I highly recommend ordering it when it’s full price. I did this recently with this dress. I saw it in the store, gasped, and swiftly ordered a petite online. It’s just so me – pink and striped. Does it get any better? But there are also the times – quite often for me – when you just want everything in every color. And this is where the sale is very helpful – it helps you edit down.
Last fall I was dying over about 7 different pairs of shoes from the line. But they were mostly high-heeled sandals and I wasn’t about to spend a fortune on sandals in the fall. So, for over 6 months, every single time I got one of those beloved “take 30% off of sale items” emails (sign up for them here), I would go to the site and type “love-me-knot” into the search bar to see if my faves were on sale. And I waited and waited and waited. And finally, they went on sale. I just ordered them the other day for a whopping $91, instead of the original $265. Not bad, huh? (It’s almost like I got the dress for free!) And through tomorrow, you can use code MUSTSHOP to get 30% off of final sale items too.
So, tell me…what deals have you scored from your favorite store?
July 1, 2010 at 1:41 pm , by Sue Erneta
Ah, July 4th! Fireworks, barbeques, and…summer sales! Your trusty sale freak (that’s me!) made the rounds of all my favorite sites to find the best deals so all you need to do is shop. (You need to take a break from the beach sometime this weekend, right?)
Nine West – Buy 2 pairs, get 20% off both. It’s an excuse to buy more! What’s better than that?
Intermix – Fab designer stuff is almost affordable when you take 40% off all sale items! Use code 40SALE.
So, tell me…what’s the best deal you’ve ever gotten?
Photo courtesy of Loft.
October 20, 2009 at 1:59 pm , by Sue Erneta
OK, ladies. Let’s stop moping about the bad economy! With financial turmoil comes deals to be had. Just yesterday, I put together this outfit online in 20 minutes. And don’t I look good?
Martin and Osa cashmere and silk cardigan. Don’t like this color? Fine – pick one of the other 5. Original price: $130. Now: $49.95!
J. Crew embellished tshirt. So cute and modern under a suit. Original price: $49.50. Now: $19.99!
Banana Republic cotton skirt. I love the exposed side zipper! Comes in black too. Original price: $70. Now: $39.99!
J. Crew patent leather belt. I have last years version of this belt and I can attest that the color works with everything! Original price: $42.50. Now: $9.99!
Cole Haan woven leather bag. Still not cheap but you can’t skimp on a bag. And this one’s a beauty. Original price: $395. Now: $275.99!
J. Crew suede and patent pumps. Like the belt, this neutral goes a long way. Original price: $168. Now: $79.99!
Looks like I just saved you $379. You’re welcome.
Maybe you love this look, maybe you don’t. But the point is that there are deals to be had and they’re just a click away. So…tell me…what great deals have you scored lately??