December 20, 2013 at 8:00 am , by Bethany Cantor
Put the finishing touch on your New Year’s Eve outfit with these incredible party shoes. Each pair is guaranteed to garner compliments.
J. Crew Etta Satin Glitter-Sole Pumps
December 13, 2013 at 8:00 am , by Bethany Cantor
Most of the country is currently blanketed in snow which makes commuting in heels or fancy flats a no-go. Luckily, the winter boots out there are no longer just clunky, heavy, ugly last resorts. We’ve found 10 adorable pairs you won’t mind sporting as you slosh through the snow.
October 11, 2013 at 8:30 am , by Bethany Cantor
We never thought we’d say this, but we are loving sneakers these days — and not just for clocking time at the gym. If you ask us, it’s about time women treated their feet to a comfortable interlude between heels for work and heels for cocktails, it’s nice to level out. Plus, these sneaks are anything but dumpy — they come in every fabric and color imaginable and they’re just begging to paired with cuffed-jean or straight-leg pant. Here are some of our favorites:
Zara Combined Sneaker
July 29, 2013 at 10:15 am , by Maggie Niemiec
With all the incredible deals and steals going on, what better time to shop than right now? Check out our favorite gotta-have-it fashions from some amazing end-of-summer sales.
May 17, 2012 at 9:30 am , by Gabrielle Porcaro
In our Killer Heels story, we discussed the fact that wearing super-high heels can lead to some foot issues. Now, I would never tell anyone to stop wearing heels completely (everything in moderation, right?). They can do wonders for your legs — not to mention your self-esteem — but there is nothing worse than having to hobble around with sore, achy feet. Luckily there are some genius products out there that mean you don’t have to suffer.
Pressure Pointz from Foot Petals are one of my new favorites. They’re small thick adhesives you can stick right on the area where your shoe is hurting to relieve any pressure — these definitely will be in my purse all summer. Dr Scholl’s massage gel insoles fit into any shoes and will keep you feeling like you’re walking on pillows all day. If you do get a blister, Nexcare has great waterproof bandages that will help you survive until they heal. And what about smelly feet (which can be painful to those around you)? I’m a big fan of baby powder, but then I end up tracking white footprints around my apartment. Summer Soles scented insoles keep your shoes and feet smelling fresh.
Stock up on these products and (some new shoes) and your feet will be forever grateful!
May 3, 2012 at 11:59 am , by Sue Erneta
It’s official. My toes have been released from the confines of winter. Now, I know that the weather has not been very warm in New York but once I wake my toes from their cold weather hibernation, there’s no putting them back. No more boots. No more tights. So, today I’m taking you shopping for some new summer sandals at one of my favorite shoe companies: Nine West. There’s simply not another brand on the planet that hits every shoe trend at such amazing prices. Here’s my hit list of the top 5 shoes to have this summer.
1. Something flat – We shot these gold beauties in Joshua Tree (you can see the story in our June issue on newsstands May 8th) and though I live in my gold Matt Bernson flat sandals every summer, I think I need to shake it up a bit and add these into the mix. Wewantit, $79.
2. Something floral – Like I said, when the toes come out, they stay out but a little peep might be enough. These would be fun with the pretty, blushy colored skirts and dresses we’ve been seeing this season. (I got this one from Zara.) Feelngood, $99.
3. Something nude – I get a new neutral platform sandal each spring because I wear them to death. By “wear them to death”, I mean there is literally no life in them at the end of the season. This summer, I’ll be picking up Nine West’s Hotlist in Light Natural Leather ($89) because they’re cute and not a bad substitute for the YSL Tribute that I’ve been coveting forEVER. (Um…$795? Not for something that me and the New York City streets are going to murder in 3 months time. Well, actually not for anything!)
4. Something bright – High heeled wedges are so comfy that they’re like slippers to me so I’ll definitely be picking up these bright orange (or should I get the yellow? No, the orange. No wait…) woven heeled wedges. Oh, they’re on sale! Maybe I’ll get both. Troischic, $59.
5. Something crazy – Oh boy, it’s that gorgeous Hotlist style that I loved in nude but this time it’s in…muticolored glitter! Could any outfit be sad with these babies on your feet? I don’t think I need to tell you that my 1st grade diva daughter nearly passed out when I brought these home. Hotlist glitter sandals, $69.
Say it with me…Free Those Toes! Free Those Toes! (And don’t forget your pedi! Zoya’s bright orange Paz is going to be my summer 2012 color.) Happy shopping!
All images from ninewest.com
October 12, 2011 at 9:10 am , by Gabrielle Porcaro
Sometimes when we work on stories we fall in love with too many boots. Here are some of my favorites that didn’t make the cut for our boot story in our November issue — we love them equally as much as the ones that did!