September 30, 2010 at 11:19 am , by Mandy Hendrix
No? You better hurry! We’re giving away seven amazing prizes, including trips to U.S. and international spa resorts so you can relax and be pampered. Here’s the catch: You must enter by midnight tonight, E.S.T. in order to win.
Fall is one of my favorite times to make a spa appointment, as holiday excitement–and streams of guests–always seems to kick up right after Labor Day. (I assure you that scheduled R&R is the cure.) Here’s some tips from Mayra Ramirez at the YHI Spa in Paradisus Punta Cana, to help ease the summer to fall transition, in case that spa appointment gets bumped for yet another family gathering.
- Get rid of parched summer skin with a sugar body scrub. Follow with a rich moisturizing cream so that skin stays supple.
- Forget the shower and take a warm bath instead. Add a few drops of olive or coconut oil, which helps skin retain moisture.
- Aloe vera isn’t only for sunburns. Use it raw on your face or body or look for it in creams to help reinforce the skin’s natural protective barrier.
- Dry outside air can wreak havoc for your skin. Make sure to cover any exposed body parts when the temperature drops.
August 18, 2010 at 12:44 pm , by Megan Finnegan
LHJ is giving away seven different spa getaway packages to some amazing destinations:
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort, St. Lucia
- Chocolate Spa at The Hershey Hotel
- Maroma Resort and Spa, Riviera Maya, Mexico
- Paradisus Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
- Westin Diplomat, Hollywood, Florida
- Taheima Wellness Resort & Spa, Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
- Joy of Spa
Check out what each spa has to offer and then click here to enter the sweepstakes!