Create Your Own Blog at LHJ.com
1. To create a blog at LHJ.com, you must be logged in as a member.
2. Once you've logged in, open a new browser window so you can refer back to this page. In your new browser window, click over to the message boards.
3. Now access your persona page: click on your name (in pink) at the top of the page in your new window. Click on the 'Blog' tab to access the blog portion of your account.
4. A blog introduction page will appear (this page will only appear the first time you set up a blog -- after you post your first blog, a list of blogs will appear). Click on "Blog Settings" to start your blog.
5. Fill in the fields to give your blog a title, a tagline, and an image. Set your local time and the number of posts you want to appear on a page.
Now choose whether or not to allow readers to post comments on your blog. If you select "Comments must be approved," comments will not show up until you read and approve them.
Finally, create a blogroll (a list of your favorite blogs). Fill in the titles and links of other blogs -- either LHJ.com or outside blogs. If you don't want to include a blog roll, leave this part blank.
(Note: You can change your blog settings at any time by clicking on the "Blog Settings" tab. So don't feel pressured to come up with a witty blog title or description in one sitting. You can change it later.)
6. Click on "Write New Post" to begin your first blog entry. Give your post a title, and if you want, a tag.
7. When you're done, click "Publish" to add your post to the blog. If you want to come back to your post later, click "Save Draft."
8. Congratulate yourself -- you just posted your first blog entry!
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!