Flu: When to Call a Doctor
Q. When do I need to call my health care professional?
A. The longer you're sick with the flu, the more damage it causes and the higher your risk of bacterial complications. So it's important to call your health care professional if you develop these hallmark flu symptoms:
- sudden onset of illness
- an illness so bad you feel entirely drained and immobile
- a high and persistent fever, over 101 degrees F
- severe aches and pains, which can include headache
- fatigue and weakness that persist
- chest pain
- coughing up thick or discolored mucus
- facial swelling or pain
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!