10 Yoga Stretches While You Watch TV
« Previous | 3 of 3 | Next »
More TV StretchesFeet Sitting
- Kneel with your legs, feet, and ankles together.
- Curl your toes under -- making sure you get the little ones, too -- and sit back on your heels.
- To decrease the intensity, keep your fingers on the floor.
- To intensify the stretch, tie a necktie around your ankles to hold them together.
- Hold for 15 to 20 seconds; release, rest, and try again.
- Sit with your back at the wall or against a couch, and your legs extended.
- Bend your left knee and place your calf so it is parallel to the wall or couch.
- Bend your right knee and place your right foot on your left knee. Extend your lower back and lift your sternum.
- If your right knee is far from your left foot, place a book or blanket between your foot and your knee (as shown).
- If your hips are stiff, sit on a folded blanket.
- Hold as long as you like, then switch sides.
- Kneel on all fours with your hands directly under your shoulders and your knees directly under your hips.
- Cross your left knee behind your right knee.
- Keeping your knees close together, move your feet out to each side.
- Slowly sit on the floor. If you can't reach the floor, sit on a book or blanket.
- If the right knee comes up high, place a book under your foot.
- Whenever you are ready, come out of the pose onto all fours again, and switch the cross of your knees.
- Sit in a chair, keeping your back as straight as possible.
- Bring your left leg up, close to your chest.
- Place your left foot in your right hand and your left knee in your left hand.
- Move your leg from side to side, as though you are rocking a baby.
- If you cannot get your calf even with your chest, don't worry. That will come with practice.
- Make sure you rock this baby's twin brother or sister! (In other words, switch sides.)