By Olivia H. Miller with Katherine Trainor
1. Stand with your legs hip-width apart, feet parallel.
2. Tighten and lift the muscles above your kneecaps; tuck your tailbone. Lift your head up and out from your shoulders.
3. Inhale deeply, filling your lungs. Raise your arms overhead, palms facing each other. Relax your shoulders, and stretch from the armpits. Exhale.
4. Gaze straight ahead; breathe slowly and deeply. Hold position for 10 counts.
5. Release your arms and let them float slowly down to your sides.
Benefits: Aligns the spine and corrects posture problems, restores balance to the body and the mind.