1. Lying flat on your mat, tighten your abs and keep your spine in neutral. Bring your knees up toward your chest, holding your lower legs parallel to the floor, and place your hands on your knees.
2. Inhale and straighten your legs and arms parallel to each other at a 45-degree angle to the floor. Raise your head and shoulders off the mat so your chin is parallel to your arms and legs as well.
3. Keep your legs in the same position.
4. Now you'll make a large continuous circle with your arms. Start by reaching behind your head with your arms straightened. Then pull your arms around to your sides, making a complete circle as they come back to the 45-degree position parallel to your legs, and then back to your knees.
5. Repeat this movement 10 times.
More Pilates Programs
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!