1. Lie on your back with your feet hip-width apart and your knees bent. Reach your arms down along your side and pull your spine back toward your ears.
2. Inhale as you roll your hips toward the sky, slowly lifting each of your vertebrae off your mat. Keep your abs pulled in and only roll up your spine as far as your shoulders, so that only your feet, shoulders, arms, and head remain on the ground.
3. Now, as you exhale, unfold one leg and lift it toward the sky, perpendicular to the floor. Keep your hips steady at the same height; do not allow them to drop. Use your center strength to hold yourself in place.
4. Inhale as you slowly bring your leg down, and point your toe away from you.
5. Keep your leg straight, and try to touch the floor as you bring your leg back down. Then exhale and bring your leg back up toward the sky.
6. Lower your leg again, inhaling as it touches the floor. Bring you knee back up next to the other leg.
7. Slowly exhale as you roll your spine back down, allowing each vertebra to fall back onto the mat one by one.
8. Repeat this movement with each leg 10 times.
More Pilates Programs