Single Straight-Leg Stretch
1. Lie with your back flat on the floor. Extend legs in air, parallel, with knees bent and inner thighs connected.
2. Rest your hands firmly on your knees. As you inhale, lengthen the back of your neck.
3. Exhale and flex your upper body, extending both legs. Extend one leg away from your torso while bringing the other leg toward torso.
4. Pulse twice. Your hands should be reaching near the ankle.
5. Inhale and switch legs, keeping knees extended. Exhale and pulse twice as legs reach.
6. Repeat 5 times on each side, for a total of 10 movements.
More Pilates Programs