Get a Good Night's Sleep
Getting Good Zzzzzs
If you're clocking more and more hours during the day, chances are you're getting less and less sleep at night. To make the most of the hours you do sleep, try these ideas:
1. Buy the right pillow. Stomach sleepers need a soft pillow; side sleepers, a medium pillow; and back sleepers, a firm pillow. Visit a bedding store for expert help on choosing the right pillow for you.
2. Exercise. Chalk up one more for moving your body: Moderate exercise every day promotes good sleep at night.
3. Try aromatherapy. Scents such as lavender and orange help relax us for bedtime. Check out Origins' line of sleep products.
4. Keep cool. A too-warm bedroom can cause restless sleep. Make yours cooler, and cuddle under an extra blanket if you need to.
5. Reflect. Take a few minutes before you drift off to reflect on your day. What were your successes? Your difficulties? What are you grateful for today? This helps to calm your mind.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!