Get a Good Night's Sleep
6. Kick out the TV. Falling asleep with the TV on may seem relaxing, but in reality, it can get your mind working so your sleep is restless. Turn off the tube before bed.
7. Wear an eye mask. Even the tiniest bit of light can make falling asleep difficult. Use an eye mask to block out any brightness.
8. Try a tense-and-relax exercise. As you lie in bed, tense and then relax each part of your body, beginning at your toes. Work your way up your entire body until you get to your eyelids. By the time you're done, your whole body will be relaxed.
9. Do yoga. Routines specifically created to calm and center you before bedtime can work wonders in helping you clear your mind of the day's clutter. Check out Living Arts' P.M. Yoga video.
10. Try a bath. A warm bath before bed helps make you sleepy. Add some soothing lavender bath beads for maximum effect.