A Stress-Less Season
Are You Stressed Out?
Some level of stress is normal, so most of us adapt to it -- at least most of the time. But if it gets to be too much, it can affect your emotional and physical well-being. This series of questions can help you decide whether stress has overtaken your ability to handle life in a healthful way.Do you:
- Wake up feeling exhausted?
- Dread holidays and other events that are usually pleasurable?
- Lean angrily on your car's horn when stuck in traffic?
- Bark at airline personnel when a flight is delayed?
- Forget things?
- Fly off the handle with little or no provocation?
- Have no time to do daily chores you used to have time for?
- Feel depressed or run-down at the end of the day?
- Suffer regular headaches, fatigue, sleep problems, muscle aches, or digestive troubles?
The more of these questions to which you answer "Yes," the more likely that stress is injuring your health. See the tips below about changes you can make in your life. Or see a doctor or therapist about sound ways to cope with stress.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!