6 Ways to Refresh Your Life
Refresh Your Image
Andy Paige, author of Style on a Shoestring and expert on TLC's 10 Years Younger, shares her five rules for looking great every day, no matter your size, shape, or budget.
1. Wear lipstick. It only takes a couple of seconds to apply, doesn't cost much -- and it brightens your teeth and brings color to your face.
2. Showcase your waist. Wear a belt -- skinny cinchers are popular this season -- or, if you've got a tummy, a top with seams and darts that flatter.
3. Wear cute shoes. That doesn't have to mean high heels. If you're a sneaker girl, wear green ones. If you prefer flats, choose a flashy leopard-print pair.
4. Have fun with your handbag. We are a society of jeans and T-shirts (yawn). Your bag can add a note of style and color that makes you feel more polished.
5. Be unexpected. Mix masculine pants with a feminine top or add some pop to basic black with a bright-orange watch. A little style courage sparks conversation.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!