25 Ways to Warm Up
25 ways to get cozy
1. Share a decadent dessert and some wine with your most optimistic friend.
2. Cuddle up with a long body pillow. When the world feels like a cold, hard, dangerous place, the antidote is something warm, fuzzy, pillowy and protective. --Gilda Carle, professor of psychology and communications at Mercy College, in New York
3. Bring the outdoors in with a tabletop fountain -- the sound of trickling water can be infinitely soothing.
4. Change the lighting in the room you spend the most time in. Instead of a single overhead light, use a combination of table lamps, hanging lights and floor lamps. Outfit them with bulbs of varying wattage to simulate variations in natural light. --Katie Brown, host of "Katie Brown on E!" and "E! Style"
5. Stay up past your usual bedtime and watch late-night TV. Just like when you were a kid, you'll feel like you're getting away with something. --Leslie Levine, author of "Ice Cream for Breakfast: If You Follow All the Rules, You Miss Half the Fun"
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!