25 Ways to Warm Up
Bread dough, warm colors, a bedtime storyBread dough, warm colors, a bedtime story
6. Put your hands in a mound of warm, raised bread dough -- it's the most satisfying, sensuous thing. You can use a bread machine for the mixing and proofing, then shape it by hand and bake it on a bread stone. --Linda West Eckhardt, author of "Rustic European Breads from Your Bread Machine"
7. Bake something -- anything -- with apples and cinnamon. Inhale.
8. Make the effort to entertain -- it's a way we can reach out to one another and take comfort from being together, even if we're just sitting around the table with chocolate-dipped biscotti and a cup of coffee. --Colin Cowie, celebrity party planner and spokesman for Gevalia Kaffe
9. Surround yourself with warm, yummy colors in your home. Deep reds are beautiful to live in. Mellow golds are fun, too. To keep your rooms cozy, stay away from greens and too-bright yellows. --Katie Brown
10. Read a bedtime story. For a look at all things cozy from a child's point of view, pick up "The Cozy Book", by Mary Ann Hoberman.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!