This herbal mix can be used with a potpourri burner or simmered right on the stove.What You Need:
- Cellophane bags or airtight tins
- 1/4 cup each of dried bay leaves, cedar tips, sage leaves, rosemary leaves, lavender leaves, marjoram blossoms, juniper berries, cinnamon sticks (broken into pieces), and orange peel (cut into 1/4- x 2-inch strips and air-dried until crisp)
1. Blend ingredients. Makes about 2 cups.
2. Place in packages. Mixture can be divided into up to 8 portions. Seal in plastic or cellophane bags, or store in an airtight tin.
3. Directions for use: If using a potpourri burner, place 1 tablespoon of potpourri in the top. Cover with water. Light candle in bottom of burner. Never leave unattended or within reach of children. To simmer on stove, place 1/4 cup potpourri and 2 cups water in an old pan; set on lowest heat. Do not allow to boil dry. Do not consume.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!