Spa Gift Basket
Bath Mitt and Body WashWhat You Need:
- Scrap paper
- 2 terry cloth washcloths
- Water-soluble marker
- 1/4-inch-wide elastic
- 1/4-inch-wide double-fold bias tape
- Thread to match washcloths
1. To make a pattern, trace around your hand and wrist on the scrap paper, spreading your fingers slightly. Add 1/4 to 1/2 inch all around the hand and add at least 1 inch on each side of the wrist. Cut out the pattern. 2. Place the pattern on one washcloth, positioning it so the wrist edge falls at the cloth's trimmed edge. Trace around the pattern with a water-soluble marker. Repeat for the remaining washcloth. 3. Cut two pieces of elastic 1/2-inch shorter than the wrist width. Stitch one piece of elastic to each washcloth at the wrist (in the cloth's trim area). The elastic should extend 1/4-inch beyond the traced wrist lines. 4. From the bias tape, cut an 8-inch length. Stitch the long open edges together, then fold to make a loop. 5. Pin the washcloths together with the elastic aligned and facing out. Sandwich the bias-tape loop between the cloths, with the raw edges at the seam. Stitch around the traced lines, being sure to catch the bias tape loop. 6. Cut out the glove 1/2-inch beyond the stitching line. Zigzag stitch around the cut edges. Turn the glove inside out. Add a felt leaf at the wrist, if desired.What You Need:
- Loose green tea
- Unscented body wash (such as Neutrogena Rainbath)
1. Brew one 8-ounce cup of green tea, letting it steep until it is full strength. Pour the tea and leaves into a blender and blend well. Pour the mixture through a sieve to strain out most of the leaves.
2. Add the mixture to the body wash by teaspoonfuls until you like the color.Herbal Hair Rinse What You Need:
- Distilled water
- Decorative plastic bottle
- For blondes: 1/4 cup of dried chamomile (or 1/2 cup of chopped fresh)
- 1/4 cup of dried lemon peel (or 1/2 cup of chopped fresh)
- For brunettes: 1/4 cup of dried rosemary (or 1/2 cup of chopped fresh)
- 1/4 cup of dried parsley leaves (or 1/2 cup of chopped fresh)
1. Bring 4 cups of distilled water to a boil, then add the desired mixture of herbs and allow to steep for 20 minutes.
2. Strain the mixture into a decorative, shatterproof bottle. Keep refrigerated and use within one week.