10 beauty risks you'll want to take this summer.
Punch up your look by doing something new with your beauty routine! Try one -- or all -- of these 10 ideas:
- Get sparkly. Apply a shimmery body lotion (found at all drugstores these days) on shoulders and cleavage when wearing a bare top.
- Go for ocean-inspired eyes. Sweep a very sheer layer of sea green or blue shadow over lids. Top with black mascara, and finish with pale pink or peach lip gloss.
- Try copper tips. Deviate from summer's standard bright manicure with a neutral, coppery polish color.
- Get beach hair. To give locks a mussed, sexy look, apply a saltwater spray when damp and dry naturally. KMS Beach Head Sea Salt Spray is a good choice.
- Wear falsies! For a big night out, apply a set of false lashes to upper lids. Add a bit of black liner, and finish off with a sheer cherry lip gloss.
- Stay cheeky. Powder blush can streak in the summer heat. Instead, try a gel blush (Tip: You can wear it as a lipcolor, too!).
- Make it matte. Summer is often about glossy lips, but to switch things for night, go the opposite direction by applying a bright color such as red or fuchsia in a matte formula. Wear with black mascara and nothing else on your face.
- Pull a high pony. Low ponytails look most chic for the office -- but for fun summer days, pull hair into a sporty high ponytail at the crown of your head.
- Go monochromatic. Forego color cosmetics and use a powder or stick bronzer all over your face: On lids, cheeks, and lips topped with gloss.
- Try (tasteful) nail art. At your next pedicure, ask for a small design on your big toenail: cherries, a daisy, or a star look funky now.
© Copyright 2013 Meredith Corporation. All Rights Reserved.