SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
Got a holiday soiree in less than an hour? Try one of these ideas for party-perfect hair in no time:
1. Go casually dressy. Sweep hair back into a low ponytail, using a dab of gel to keep strands sleek and flyaway-free. Secure ponytail with a rhinestone clip or pony holder.
2. Get chunky. Put a quarter-size amount of hair paste or sculpting mud into your hand and rub palms together. Rake it through your hair to give it a piecey, sexy look. This works best for hair that's shoulder-length or shorter.
3. Tease! Lift a section of hair at your crown, and use a fine-tooth comb to tease the underside of the section at the roots. Flip hair back and apply hairspray to keep your newly-voluminous locks in place.
4. Go faux. It's not as scary as it sounds! Find fake ponytails at a beauty supply store. Simply pull your own hair into a pony, then attach the faux pony according to the directions that come with it. Voila -- instant long, flirty hair!
5. Try a headband. Despite its conservative reputation, a headband can add glitter and glamour to any hairstyle. Choose a band in colored leather or wire, or go for one adorned with crystals or pearls.
6. Flip and clip. An easy updo: Pull hair into a low ponytail. Twist the tail upward, toward the crown of your head. Secure the twist to your head with a barrette or jeweled clip. Allow the ends of the twist to fall loose.
7. Try an undone bun. This look is perfect for long hair. Gather your hair into a ponytail (low or high -- it's your choice). Pull the ponytail through a covered elastic band once, twist the band, and then begin to pull the tail through again. This time, however, only pull it halfway through. Your ponytail should now make a loop. Secure the loop to your head in several places with bobby pins; allow tendrils and loose ends to fall where they will.
8. Pick a part. For a dramatic look, make a deep side part. Use shine serum or gel to slick down the hair on either side of the part, or simply tuck each side behind your ears.
9. Add a barrette to short hair. Even close crops can be dressed up with the addition of a tiny barrette, placed on one side of your head. Go for a barrette with some flashy rhinestones or bright color.
10. Wear 70s-style flips. On long hair, Charlie's-Angels-inspired flips look light and modern. Simply use a large-barrel curling iron to curl hair away from your face. Finger comb to soften, and then set with hairspray.