SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
If your hair seems to lie lank and lifeless, try these tricks for bounce:
1. Switch to a lighter conditioner. Heavy conditioners coat the hair shaft and weigh it down. Go for a lighter formulation, and use it daily.
2. Clarify once a week. Clarifying shampoos strip away the product buildup that can hinder volume.
3. Apply conditioner the right way. You don't need to condition your scalp. Just apply conditioner to the ends of your hair.
4. Dry upside down. Stylists love this trick: Simply flip your head over before you blow-dry.
5. Make sure the roots are dry. Volume starts at the roots, so lock in some lift by drying them first. You can allow ends to air-dry if you like.
6. Choose products wisely. Moisturizing products like pomades and shine serums contain heavy ingredients that weigh hair down. If you must use them, apply them just to the ends of your hair.
7. Layer hair (but not too short!). Long layers add bounce to hair without the choppy look that very short layers give most cuts.
8. Apply volumizer in sections. Spritzing a volume tonic all over your hair won't give the best results. Instead, use your fingers or a comb to separate small sections of hair; spritz the roots with volumizer, then move on to another section. This way, every strand is covered.
9. Make your hair stand on end. With a brush, that is, while you blow-dry. Use a paddle brush to pull the hair at the crown of your head straight up. Dry roots thoroughly.
10. Go light on hairspray. Many women think it will help lock in lift, but if you apply too much, it can cause your style to droop. Apply a light mist to dry roots only.