SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
Looking forward to that rosy glow your skin gets when spring is in full swing? Fake it until April with these tips:
1. Break out the self-tanner. A light shade applied to your face will make you look healthy, but not so tan that your color is obviously fake.
2. Use an AHA. Built-up dead skin cells can make skin look dull. Slough them off with a mild alpha-hydroxy acid cream.
3. Moisturize. Add natural dewiness to dry skin with a light layer of lotion (try one with sunscreen for day).
4. Wear gel blush. Its sheer, see-through color looks fresh and authentic.
5. Try whipped foundation. It adds luminosity to skin better than matte foundation. Many whipped formulas are oil-free, too.
6. Lighten up eyes. Heavy eye makeup darkens your whole face. Instead, try a shimmery taupe shadow on lids.
7. Add a touch of gold. Apply a dab of gold face powder (or eye shadow in a pinch!) to the tops of cheekbones; blend well with your fingers.
8. Go for gloss. Super-shiny lips add light to the rest of your face. Apply gloss in plum, peach, or rose.
9. Blush brighter. Instead of a muted shade of blush, go one step brighter than you're used to. Apply to apples of cheeks for a fresh look.
10. Skip powder. It can leave skin looking chalky and take away any glow. If you need it to combat shine, apply sparingly only where necessary.