SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
Skin is nicely browned, hair's been streaked by the sun, and lazy weekends have offset the effects of stress. The season's days may be numbered, but here are 10 ways to keep that summer state of mind all year long.
1. Extend your tan. Get some extra mileage from your summer color by using a tan extender, like South Beach Sun's AfterSun ($4.99), which can help you hang on to your tan for several weeks. It's also an excellent moisturizer with a cocoa butter-y smell.
2. Fake a light tan. You didn't tan this summer -- good for you! You can fake an Indian summer glow, however. Lightly brush a subtle bronzer like Bloom's Aloha Bronzer ($24) across cheeks, nose and forehead.
3. Get beach hair -- without the beach. It may be getting too cold to hang out at the beach. But you can still get beach goddess hair with salt water styling products, which give you the wavy "mermaid" look. Try one like John Frieda's Ocean Waves ($5.79), twist into ropes and let hair air dry.
4. Try the sun-kissed look. You may be seeing less of the sun, but you can still get the look of a been-outside-all-day face. Try a cheek stain, like Tarte Cheek Stain ($26) or BeneFit Benetint ($26), on the apples of your cheeks, and blend. You'll get a sheer, natural-looking flush.
5. Keep your skin soft. As cold weather begins to dehydrate your skin, keep it summer-soft with exfoliators, like Fresh's splurge-worthy Brown Sugar Body Polish ($58). Use in the shower, then apply a rich moisturizer, like The Body Shop's Body Butters ($16).
6. Update your pedicure. Admire your pretty feet all winter long by using a treatment like Burt's Bees Coconut Foot Creme ($8.99) or plain Vaseline. Cover with socks, and let it absorb overnight. Then paint toes with a pretty fall-to-summer shade. OPI's Mat-adore Red ($7.50) and Avon's Rose Amour ($4) are good transitional colors.
7. Indulge in highlights. The sun brought out gorgeous highlights. Hang on to them all year long by getting highlights. Ask your colorist for lighter strands around your face and at the crown -- that's where the sun would hit.
8. Spritz on a summery fragrance. Keep summer on your mind with a fresh., beachy fragrance. Oceanus ($11.95) by Body Shop will have you dreaming of the ocean even as the leaves turn.
9. Keep your legs silky smooth. So you're not wearing shorts anymore, but hair-free legs feel sexy year-round. To combat razor burn, try Schick's Intuition ($7.99), which releases moisturizers as it shaves.
10. Go for subtle shimmer. Not ready for the matte colors of fall? Shimmer is fine for fall as long as it's toned down. Clinique's Gentle Light Powder ($21) gives you a slightly dewey finish without any sparkle.