SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
Here, 10 easy ideas for a sexy, smoochable look:
1. Play down dark circles. Begin with concealer. Pat a tiny bit around dark circles and use your finger to gently blend.
2. Forget full-face makeup. From far away, skin covered in foundation looks even and flawless. But up close, it just looks like skin covered in makeup -- very unromantic. Forgo base tonight and apply a dusting of translucent powder instead.
3. Think sparkle for eyes. Matte shadows are great for day, but come a romantic evening, you need more oomph. That's where a shimmery shadow comes in. Apply a cream, lemon, pink, or peach shimmer shadow from lashlines to browbones.
4. Go light on liner. Unless you're craving a super-smoky eye, skip the kohl and try a cleaner look: A thin line of dark brown or charcoal liner along top and bottom lashes. Use a stiff liner brush to apply powder shadow as liner.
5. Contour carefully. To add more depth to your eye area, use a tapered brush to apply a taupe or amethyst shadow in the crease of your eye. Sweep from inner corner to outer corner and back again, following the natural arc of your crease.
6. Curl lashes. They'll make your eyes look wide and flirtatious.
7. Apply two coats of black mascara. The trick to getting multiple coats right: Allow the first coat to dry, comb through with an eyelash comb, then apply a second coat.
8. Go for sexy flush. Rosy cheeks are the hallmark of a romantic look. Apply a bright pink or peach blush to the apples of your cheeks. Dip a fluffy brush into powdered color, then lightly blow off excess before you apply.
9. Add some shimmer. To highlight your cheekbones, dot on a bit of liquid or powder shimmer. Then blend outward and upward.
10. Top off your lips. Skip heavy, leaves-marks-on-everything lipstick, and go for a lighter shimmery gloss in baby pink, clear berry, or apricot. Apply in two coats for more staying power (and keep in your bag for ladies'-room touchups!).