10 savvy ways to save time and still look terrific.
Pare down your high-maintenance regimen with these tips:
- Find an all-purpose moisturizer. A light, non-comedogenic lotion with SPF can be used day and night -- even around eyes if it has been ophthalmologically-tested.
- Wear neutral lipcolor. The perfect shade is one to two tones darker than your natural lips and goes with everything, from office wear to evening gowns.
- Buy body lotion with SPF -- no more dual applications!
- Buff your nails. A buffing session every other week makes tips look healthy and shiny, no polish required.
- Forego eyeliner. Instead, pick up mascara labeled "thickening" or "dramatic." Apply two coats for a lush look without liner.
- Rely on one styling aid. If you condition your hair well, a medium-hold gel is all you need to keep tresses in control.
- Skip toner. Unless your skin is excessively oily, a thorough rinse after washing your face will remove all cleanser and sebum residue.
- Go with your hair's natural texture. Blowing curly hair straight or trying to add wave to straight hair takes too much time. Instead, ask your stylist for a cut that works with your hair texture.
- Use an all-over color crayon. A berry or bronze shade that works on lids, cheeks, and lips takes the guesswork out of applying makeup in the morning.
- Try a tinted brow gel. It adds color to sparse areas, smoothes brows into place, and holds them there in one step.
© Copyright 2013 Meredith Corporation. All Rights Reserved.