Lipstick just keeps getting better. Try this season's best new formulas.
Word of Mouth
Photo by Fernando Milani
Lipstick is usually the very first makeup item you try as a little girl, and it remains a grown-up beauty staple. In fact, nearly 65 percent of women use it daily and 25 percent of you won't even leave the house without it. And no surprise! With minimal effort, lipstick delivers gorgeous color that instantly sharpens your features and pulls together your look. So take your pick from spring's latest formulas, which offer yummy new finishes as well as protective and hydrating ingredients.
These glossies allow your natural lip color to shine through while delivering a soothing lightweight lip-balm feel. Some even offer sun protection.
- Almay Ideal Lipstick SPF 17, $7, conditions with vitamin E and has a peppermint scent. We also love its high sun protection factor of 17, which is ideal for your lips' thin skin.
- American Beauty Perfectly Lush Moisturizing Lip Tint SPF 15, $13.50, moisturizes with grape seed oil and shea butter.
- Wet 'n Wild WildShine Lipstick, $.99, conditions with aloe vera. Vitamins A and E bestow a non-sticky sheen.
The newest formulas offer both the coverage and longevity of a traditional cream lipstick but won't leave your lips parched.
- L'Oreal Paris H.I.P. Intensely Moisturizing Lipcolor, $10, pairs intense color with moisturizing jojoba oil.
- Lumene Bright Smile Lipstick, $8.99, hydrates lips with raspberry oil. The shades' blue undertones, meanwhile, will make your teeth look whiter.
- Merle Norman Luxiva Age Defying Lipcolor, $15, moisturizes and plumps lips with ceramides (hydrating ingredients found naturally in skin) and soybean extract.
These sparkle-laden formulas give the illusion of poutier lips without the sting of a lip plumper!
- Estee Lauder Pure Color Crystal Lipstick, $22, comes in an array of six dazzling shades.
- Shiseido the Makeup Shimmering Lipstick, $22, uses a highly reflective oil that gives lips a high shine but with the staying power of a lipstick.
- Dior Addict Pearl Shine Lipstick, $23.50, adds a luminous luster to your lips.
Originally published in Ladies' Home Journal magazine, April 2006.
© Copyright Meredith Corporation. All Rights Reserved.