Prevent makeup meltdowns with waterproof products that summer-proof your eyes, face, and lips.
Thanks to the latest weather-savvy foundations, concealers, and powders, you can have it all: coverage, sun protection, and water-resistant wear. Our picks:
The Right Shine
- CoverFX Natural FX Foundation SPF 15, $35, stays put and covers imperfections.
- Sue Devitt Automatic Camouflage Concealer, $21, is crease-proof (thanks to Nylon-12, an exclusive ingredient that flexes with your skin) and water-resistant. Also try: Wet 'n' Wild CoverAll Stick, $1.99.
- Amazing Cosmetics PowderSet, $17, is a colorless powder that sets all makeup. Also try: Rimmel Lasting Finish Pressed Powder, $7.12.
Blame summer's high heat for your skin's never-ending sheen. Regular mop-ups with blotting papers will keep oil at bay, but adding bronzer to the apples of your cheeks will give your face that just-back-from-vacation gleam. Fabulous! Our pick:
End Eye Shadow Slip-and-Slide
- Mally Beauty Get Cheeky! Dewy Blush in Ipanema, $25, is a sexy bronze shade that comes with its own mini blush brush. Also try: Maybelline New York Dream Mousse Bronzer, $7.50.
You already reach for waterproof mascara in the summer, so add waterproof eye shadow and liner -- in pretty, natural shades -- to your stash. Our picks:
- Styli-Style Line & Seal 24 in Turq, $5.50, is a waterproof pencil available in 27 shades.
- CoverGirl LashExact Waterproof Mascara, $6.99, has a bristle-free wand that delivers clump-free lashes.
Making your lip color last -- without bleeding or fading -- is one summer challenge that's now easily met with long-wear lipsticks that hold up all day without ever drying out your lips. Our pick:
- Revlon ColorStay Soft & Smooth Lipcolor in Baby Peach, $7.99, offers long-lasting color as well as feel-good conditioners and emollients.
Originally published in Ladies' Home Journal magazine, July 2006.
© Copyright Meredith Corporation. All Rights Reserved.