SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Make main bar and candles. To make the menorah's main bar, cut the 2-inch-wide gold ribbon in half. Center and glue the 1-1/2-inch-wide silver ribbon on one 18-inch length of the gold ribbon. To make the candles, center and glue the 5/8-inch-wide silver ribbon on the 1-inch-wide gold ribbon. After the glue dries, center and glue the silver braid over the silver ribbon. Cut this three-ribbon band into eight 6-inch lengths and one 7-inch length.
2. Position main bar. Pin the main bar to the pillow front so the top edge of the ribbon is 9 inches down from the top of the pillow. Turn under the ends at a 45-degree angle, encasing the raw edges. Mark the ribbon's position, and then remove it.
3. Position candles. Center the 7-inch candle ribbon on the pillow so that the bottom of the candle is even with the bottom of the menorah's main bar. Evenly space the remaining candles on each side of the center candle, leaving 5/8 inch between them. Mark the positions of the candles and then remove them.
4. Make menorah's base. Fold the remaining wide gold ribbon into a triangle. Position it at the base of the menorah, encasing the raw edges. Mark the position and remove.
5. Make and position flames. Cut the copper ribbon and gold cord into nine 2-inch pieces. Fold each piece of ribbon and cord in half, and crunch the copper ribbons onto the pillow at the tops of the candles and pin the gold cords on top on the copper ribbons.
6. Attach menorah and candles. Pin the candles, the triangle base, and the menorah's main bar on the marked lines, enclosing or covering all raw edges of ribbons except the tops of the candles (these will be hidden by the buttons). Glue the ribbons to the pillow in this order: copper flame, gold flame, candles, triangular base, menorah's main bar. Use pins to hold the ribbons in place until the glue dries. Let one layer dry before gluing on another.
7. Add finishing touches. Erase all marking lines. Sew or glue the buttons to the top of the candles, covering the raw edges of the ribbon.