SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Withdrawing from other people and spending time watching TV, playing computer games, or pursuing other solitary activities.
2. Increased drinking or use of mood-altering medications.
3. Change in sexual behavior: A depressed man can lose interest in sex -- or become more sexually aggressive.
4. Change in eating habits -- either a weight gain or a weight loss of 10 pounds or more is considered significant.
5. Disturbed sleep patterns, particularly waking up in the middle of the night or very early morning and being unable to get back to sleep.
6. Irritability and fits of bad temper.
7. Having difficulty making decisions.
8. Taking increased risks, such as a sudden interest in gambling or skydiving; starting an affair.
Originally published in Ladies' Home Journal, June 2008.