SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1.MAC Eye Shadows in Warm Chill, Cool Heat, and Gulf Stream, $14 each: These vivid blues are surprisingly subtle.
2. Essie polish in Bermuda Shorts, $8: Try it for a burst of purply pink fun for fingertips.
3. Body Shop Spring/Summer 2008 Shimmer Cubes, $17.50 for set: It exudes subtle eye sparkle.
4. Aeto Botanica Scalp De-Toxer Oil, $29: Six botanical oils help beat dandruff and scalp dryness.
5. OPI Lip Colour in Lunch at the Delhi, $10: A coral hue flatters skin.
6. Prescriptives Lip Strips in Tropical Warm, $29.50: The compact offers a bevy of glosses in cream, shimmer, and sparkle finishes.
7.Blow-drying your hair when it's very wet might take longer, but your hair will look shinier than if you'd towel-dried it first.
8. L'Oreal Paris Collagen Remodeler Contouring Moisturizer for Face and Neck Night, $19.99: Boost beauty sleep with this overnight collagen treatment.
9. Fix makeup mistakes -- such as too much blush -- with a mix of moisturizer and foundation, says Rimmel London makeup artist Jo Strettell. Then blend with a brush.
10. Bath & Body Works Aromatherapy Mandarin Lime Energy Sugar Scrub, $20: Get baby-soft skin and pep up your mood.
11. Tweezerman Dream Garden Collection, $28: Two mini tweezers in a metallic leather case let you keep brows neat when you're on the go.
12.Back away from the mirror when you have a blemish! Picking at your skin only slows down healing time.
13. Samy Pure Volume & Body Shampoo, $5.99: Get loads of suds without chemical sulfates, lathering agents that can be dehydrating.
14. Garnier Nutritioniste Skin Renew Anti-Puff Eye Roller, $12.99: The cooling rollerball tip instantly soothes and de-puffs.
15. Umberto Beverly Hills Repair Treatment Masque, $9.99: Make this deep mask even more effective by covering your hair with a damp, heated towel.
16.Got a pimple? Treat it with a clay mask, which will help draw out the extra oil.
17. Dior DiorShow Black Out Mascara in Waterproof, $24: This makeup-artist favorite, which promises the drama of false eyelashes, is now available in a waterproof formula.
18. Mary Kay Compact, $18 for case, $6.50 to $16 for makeup: A sleek compact holds your favorite colors, along with a full-size lipstick for when you're on the go.
19. A sniff of your favorite fragrance can immediately improve your mood, say experts.
20. Bed Head "Light Me Up!" Tourmaline Nano Ceramic Styling Iron, $40: The 1-inch barrel is ideal for curls and waves.
21. Sinclair and Valentine Aromatherapaes Spa Shower AM Wake-Up, $4.99: Place on your shower floor and get a burst of energy while you wash.
22. Aveda Chakra Balancing Body Mist, $30: Pure essential oils help ease the day's stresses.
23. Olay Regenerist Filling + Sealing Wrinkle Treatment, $18.99: Silicone gives this temporary wrinkle filler a smooth feel.
24. Linden Leaves Absolute Dreams Body Travel Size Oil, $18.25: Sandalwood, cedarwood, and orange deliver a delightful scent.
25. L'Occitane Citrus Verbena Fizzy Bath Salts, $22: Sprinkle into your bath for a relaxing soak.
26. Dark skin marks, blotches, or spots (aka hyperpigmentation) are worsened by sunlight so always use an SPF of 20 to 30, according to experts.
27. CoverGirl Eyeslicks Gel Eyecolor in Moody Blue, $5.05: This gel-based shadow/liner wakes up tired-looking eyes.
28. Colgate Total Advanced Whitening toothpaste, $3.99: Whiten and keep germs at bay.
29. Kevin.Murphy Fresh.Hair, $22: Eliminate dirt, excess product, and any unwanted scents with just a spritz.
30. Neutrogena Healthy Skin Rejuvenator Starter Kit, $39.99: This vibrating exfoliating tool smoothes skin and reduces the look of fine lines with single-use, crystal-infused puffs. (Each refill pack is $19.99.)
31. Soften undereye shadows by topping your regular concealer with a peachy highlighter, especially near the inner corners of your eyes.
32. Maybelline New York Colossal Volum' Express Mascara, $7.47: A collagen-infused formula plus an oversize brush equals nine times the volume of your usual lashes.
33. Beauty Benefits Unblemished Treatment Concealer, $5.99: A hydrating acne treatment on one end and a redness-reducing concealer on the other is ideal for on-the-go touchups.
34. Consult with your dermatologist first when dealing with serious skin issues, such as acne or rosacea, rather than trying over-the-counter products on your own.
35. Cosmedicine Instant Wrinkle Off Line Filler, $25: Twist, click and (temporarily) brush away your fine lines and wrinkles.
36. Physicians Formula Organic Wear 100% Natural Origin Blush, $11.95: Brighten up your complexion with a multi-toned blush that is gentle on skin.
37. Give any new skin-care regimen at least three months to work before moving on to something else.
38. Olay Hydrate & Cleanse Moisture Replenishing Mousse, $6.99: It's light as air and has a refreshing scent.
39. Rene Furterer RF-80 Hair Strengthening Formula, $67 for box of 12 vials: For stress-related hair thinning, try this treatment.
40. BeFine Firming Toner, $15.99: Willow bark extract closes pores and calms skin.
41. Yves Rocher Jardin des Iles Shower Oil, $4: This softens skin while cleansing.
42. The areas around the nose and the forehead are the most prone to oil buildup, so use only the smallest amount of foundation there, says makeup artist Shu Uemura.
43. Aveeno Positively Ageless Lifting & Firming Eye Cream, $19.99: Dark circles, fine lines, and droopy lids are all addressed with this wheat protein and shiitake mushroom eye treatment.
44. Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Instant Melting Conditioner, $3.99: This lightweight conditioning is for fine-haired types.
45. Optimize your relaxing bath by staying within the same scent family. For instance, don't mix a calming lavender-scented bath with a grapefruit body lotion, which can be stimulating.
46. Bain de Terre Iron It Out Pomegranate Thermal Protector, $12: This fresh-smelling barrier provides protection between your hair and your heat tools.
47. Mary Kay Creme Lipstick in Sunburst, $13: It gives you a pop of pretty color in a hydrating, vanilla-flavored formula.
48. Covering your entire hand with a styling product -- even in between your fingers -- helps you coat every strand when you run your fingers through your hair.
49. Clairol Nice 'n Easy with Color-Blend Technology, $7.99: Find natural-looking shades that are full of dimension in this at-home kit.
50. Alterna Caviar Anti-Aging Blonde Leave-In Conditioner with Seasilk, $32: This detangles, moisturizes, and brightens blond hair.
51. Feeling experimental? Try mixing two fragrances from the same family, such as a citrus with another citrus. You might like what you create!
52. Goody Ceramic-Ionic Flat Iron Comb, $5.99: This makes straightening a cinch by holding your hair taut while you iron.
53. Keep a stash of facial cleansing wipes handy for when you're too tired to wash your face over the sink.
54. Dove Go Fresh Beauty Bar in Energize, $2.49 for two: The grapefruit and lemongrass fragrances in this formula help sharpen your senses.
55. TRESemme Flawless Curls Curl Reactivation Styling Mist, $3.99: It's a pick-me-up for tired curls.
56. Even artificial light fades your hair color, so protect it by always using products with color-protective ingredients.
57. Vichy NormaDerm Medicated Acne System, $47: This three-step kit targets enlarged and clogged pores. It includes three one-week supercharged treatments.
58. Avon Liiv Botanicals Rejuvenating Body Wash, $8.50: Its energizing plant extracts are a treat for your skin.
59. Dip your hands up to your wrists into a bowl of warm water and massage for two minutes. You'll hit pressure points and revive your body as well, says relaxation expert Tevis Gale.
60. Physicians Formula Brow-Tweez, $7.95: It's all your brows need in one skinny stick-tweezer on one end and brush and pencil on the other.
61. To get a perfect cat eye, trace along the upper lash line with a taupe pencil first, which will blend into skin. Follow this step by topping with black liquid liner.
62. Pantene Pro-V Relaxed & Natural Breakage Defense Shampoo, $4.99: This cleanser is packed with essential oils for extra moisture.
63. Almay TLC Truly Lasting Color Makeup, $12.49: Heat and humidity won't interfere with the 16-hour wear of this foundation.
64. "Shaving with the grain first, then reapplying product before shaving again against the grain achieves the closest shave possible and helps prevent ingrown hairs," says Annet King, global training director for Dermalogica.
65. Sunsilk Waves of Envy Gel & Cream Twist, $3.69: It has the hold of a gel with the moisture of a cream.
66. Kneipp Healthy Feet Foot Bath Crystals, $21: Try this revitalizing soak for tired tootsies.
67. Everyone's teeth bleach at different rates, so don't expect a perfectly white smile on the first try.
68. Dove Frizz Control Therapy Taming Cream, $3.78: Use on wet or dry hair to keep fuzzies at bay.
69. Jillian Dempsey for Avon Signature Horizon Blush in Apricot Horizon, $7.99: The cheek color brightens skin while the highlighter illuminates cheekbones.
70. Milani Runway Eyes Wet and Dry Eyecolor in Royalty, $4.99: Wear it dry for a light finish and wet for more intensity.
71. Youngblood Pressed Mineral Eyeshadow in Mermaid, $35.95: Summer brights light up eyes.
72. Clinique Even Better Skin Tone Corrector, $39.50: This antioxidant and yeast-extract formula treats existing spots and helps prevent new ones.
73. John Frieda Weather Works by Frizz-Ease Style Sealant Creme, $5.99: Protect tresses from the whims of weather with this humidity blocker that also controls static.
74. Revlon Nail Enamel in Craving Coral, $4.79: It's a sophisticated take on bright polish.
75. Elizabeth Arden Color Intrigue Effects Lipstick in Pink.
76. Anti-aging ingredients can make the skin more sun-sensitive, so limit their use to before bedtime.
77. La Roche-Posay Effaclar Purifying Foaming Gel, $18: Purifying agents combined with hydrating zinc PCA keep oily skin clear.
78. Ahava Dermud Soothing Body Milk, $28: Try this gentle moisturizer for sensitive skin.
79. Redken Rough Clay 20 Matte Texturizer, $15.95: Clay and beeswax help give hair modern texture. It's great for those with short haircuts!
80. If you want your cheeks to stay rosy for longer, opt for a powder blush formula rather than a cream.
81. David Babaii for Wildaid Hydrating Shampoo, $17: Together with client Kate Hudson, hairstylist Babaii created this natural, eco-friendly shampoo, the first to be endorsed by People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals.
82. Change your pillowcase at least once a week to help keep your skin clear.
83. Dr. Denese Firming Facial Resurfacing Peel, $33.25: Use this gentle peel once or twice a week to uncover fresh, more radiant skin.
84. If the color on your long-wear lipstick tends to come on too strong, tone it down by blotting lips with a tissue before the color sets.
85. Dr. Scholl's For Her Foot Butter, $6.99: It's great for feet that need deeply hydrating TLC.
86. When blow-drying, let each section of hair cool off before touching it, allowing it to "set" into position.
87. Vidal Sassoon Heat Protectant Medium Round Brush, $7.99: It stands up to a blow-dryer's high temperature.
88. Olay Body Age Transform Skin Tone Equalizer, $8.99: This moisturizer with self-tanner helps disguise skin imperfections.
89. When applying mascara, nestle the wand close to the lash line and slowly comb through the entire lash.
90. OPI Cappuccino Mask, $14.95: This five-minute treatment hydrates both hands and feet.
91. Keep your brow shape close to what you were born with. Anything else will make you look like Joan Crawford!
92. Bliss-Philips Bikini Perfect Deluxe, $59.99: It has all your hair-trimming essentials, including an epilator, trimmer, and shaver.
93. Concentrate shampoo on the scalp and let the water rinse through the rest of your hair to keep strands from over-drying.
94. Curel Skin Fortifying Moisture Lotion for Menopause & Beyond, $7.49: This relieves itchiness while cooling skin.
95. Bourjois Fond de Teint Pinceau Brush Foundation, $24: Just one click of the button on the stick end of this brush releases a smooth foundation formula through the built-in bristles on the other end.
96. Your hairstylist is the best resource for how to maintain your color at home, including suggestions for tools and products.
97. Dove Go Fresh Body Mist, $3.79: The scent perks up your skin while lightly moisturizing it.
98. Make your foundation sheerer by mixing it with your facial moisturizer.
99. Johnson's Softcream Melt Away Stress Dreamy Night Cream, $4.99: Helps you drift off to slumberland.
100. Choose the right hairstylist by asking for recommendations from women who have your hair type.
101. Sally Hansen Natural Beauty Inspired by Carmindy Sheerest Cream Bronze, $11.95: The texture of this bronzer -- fortified with mattifying rice starch and smoothing olive oil -- allows your skin to shine through.
102. Try a moisturizer with optical diffusers; they give the illusion of erasing imperfections by reflecting light.
103. CoverGirl Wetslicks AmazeMint Lip Gloss, $4.99: Peppermint oils from Crest toothpaste give this gloss a refreshing accent.
104. Gray hair lacks melanin, which could make it dry and more vulnerable to UV damage. A leave-in conditioner will help offset additional dryness.
105. John Frieda Luxurious Volume Lavish Lift Root Booster, $6.49: This spritz delivers remarkable height and lift in a snap.
106. Take advantage of your scalp's naturally higher temperature by topping your deep conditioner with a plastic cap. Keep it on for at least 10 minutes -- the extra heat enhances the penetration of the softening ingredients.
107. Sonia Kashuk Beauty Dual Ended Sheer Lip Color and Plumping Glossy Tint, $11.99: Lipstick and gloss rolled into one neat package.
108. Keep two kinds of eye products handy; a gel for the morning to deflate puffiness and a cream for evening to moisturize and treat fine lines.
109. Tarte 4 Day Stay Lash Stain, $18: Mineral pigments adhere to lashes for four full days without clumping or running.
110. Renee Rouleau Azulene Gel Mask, $45.50: This soothing mask helps reduce redness and gently hydrates.
111. Pantene Pro-V Expressions Conditioner in Brunette, $5.49: This formula hydrates brunette hair for rich color.
112. Bobbi Brown Blush in Flame, $22: This blush's light shimmer tempers the shade's intensity.
113. Cargo Multi-Mix Bronzer, $28: Blend this liquid bronzer into your foundation or moisturizer for a touch of sun.
114. Wei East White Olive Tinted Lip Smoother in Pomegranate, $10: It's a hydrating lip balm with the pretty look of a gloss.
115. Nearly 90 percent of post-adolescent women have cellulite -- so consider that permission to stop obsessing over it!
116. Aveeno Positively Smooth Shower & Shave Cream, $5.99: This protective, lathering formula delivers a smooth shave.
117. Nivea Natural Tone Creme, $6.99: Ideal for darker skin, this cream gradually evens out skin tone and discoloration.
118. Bring down any glaring shine with an oil mattifying lotion. Apply it before you do your makeup, and throughout the day.
119. Instantly make your nails more presentable with a buffer and cuticle oil.
120. Vaseline Daily Skin Shield Lotion, $3.49: This full-body hydrator has an SPF of 15.
121. Shopping for a curling iron? Pick one with a midsize barrel, which is more versatile than teeny or jumbo sizes.
122. Dermadoctor Ain't Misbehavin' Skin Clarifying & Mattifying Sunscreen SPF 30 pa+++, $30: This acne treatment also protects your skin from sunlight damage, and is ideal for your face, back, even decolletage.
123. Your skin loses a lot of its natural hydration with each shower, so afterward slather your body with moisturizer, ideally when your skin is still damp to help lock in moisture.
124. Oral-B Indicator Floss, $2.29: The floss's polymer coating helps it slide easily between your teeth.
125. Always coat your hands with lotion that has an SPF of at least 15.
Originally published in Ladies' Home Journal, July 2008.