SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Download the free pattern for the card. (Downloading requires Adobe Acrobat software.)
2. Use the plastic spoon to mix 2 tablespoons of red paint with 2 tablespoons of distilled water in a paper cup. Add more paint or water, if necessary, to make a creamy mixture. Pour enough starch into the baking pan to measure 1 to 1-1/2 inches deep. Skim the surface with a paper towel to remove any air bubbles.
3. Dribble several drops of the paint mixture onto the starch. If the paint sinks below the starch surface, add a little more distilled water to the paint. Use a comb or experiment with other tools, such as a feather or stick, to swirl designs onto the top of the mixture.
4. Lay a sheet of construction paper on the top of the mixture, letting the middle of the page touch first. Smooth the outside edges of the paper over the mixture.
5. After about 15 seconds, lift the paper from the paint. Lay it, paint side up, on paper towels. Lay a paper towel on top of the paper. With the heel of your hand, press down on the paper towel to remove the excess paint. Pull off the paper towel. Repeat the pressing motion with another paper towel. Lay aside the marbled paper, paint side up, to dry.
6. Skim the surface of the paint mixture to remove the old paint. Repeat steps 3, 4, and 5 to make another marbled sheet.
7. Fold a 5 x 8-inch sheet of marbled paper in half. Trace around the heart pattern. Place the pattern on top of the paper, matching the fold lines. Cut out the heart.
8. Make a white paper lining for the card, using the heart card lining pattern. Glue the lining to the inside of the card.
9. Make an envelope from marbled paper, using a premade envelope (carefully disassembled) as a pattern.
10. Glue red foil to the inside back and flap of the envelope.
11. Fold and glue the envelope, following the fold lines of the envelope you used as a pattern.