Sweet, plump blueberries are a true superfood.
They're high in vitamin C and fiber, full of antioxidants, and low-cal (a 1-cup serving only has about 80 calories). Eat them by the handful or try these other ways to work them into your diet this summer.
- Combine with diced onion, chilies, cilantro, and lime juice as a topping for meat and fish.
- Thread onto skewers, then freeze to use as swizzle sticks.
- Fold them into your next batch of banana bread.
- Mix into your favorite chicken salad recipe.
- Heat them in maple syrup to serve on pancakes and waffles.
© Copyright 2013 Meredith Corporation. All Rights Reserved.