Meet your new go-to party dessert: a super-easy frozen blueberry cheesecake that you can put together ahead of time.
We topped a light layer of vanilla cake with creamy, tangy frozen cheesecake and fresh berries.
Work: 20 minutes
Total: 9 hours
1 box white cake mix, batter prepared
3 1/2 cups (12 ounces) blueberries plus more for serving
2/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
12 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
1 3/4 cups Marshmallow Fluff
3/4 cup plus 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Pour 2 1/2 cups prepared cake batter into a greased 9-inch springform pan (batter will be about 1 inch high). Bake until golden and cooked through, about 25 minutes. Let cool in the pan for 15 minutes, then remove and cool completely on a wire rack. Use the remaining cake batter for cupcakes or extra cake.
- Clean the springform pan and return cooled cake to the pan, top side down. Line the inside edges of pan with a long strip of parchment that extends at least 2 inches above the rim. Make sure the parchment sleeve is tight against the cake edge so the cheesecake filling doesn't run down the sides. Tape parchment to secure. Transfer pan to the freezer while preparing the filling.
- Puree blueberries, 2/3 cup sugar, and lemon juice in a food processor until smooth; set aside. In a large mixing bowl beat cream cheese until very smooth. Add Marshmallow Fluff and mix to combine. In a separate bowl whip 3/4 cup heavy cream to firm peaks; stir into cream cheese mixture so there are no lumps. Gently stir in blueberry puree.
- Remove cake from the freezer and pour filling over the top. Return to the freezer for 8 hours or overnight.
- Several hours before serving, whip 1 1/2 cups heavy cream with 2 tablespoons sugar to soft peaks and dollop on top of cake. Freeze again. Allow cake to sit at room temperature for 15 to 30 minutes before serving and use a hot knife to slice. Serve with extra fresh blueberries and confectioners' sugar. Serves 12.
Originally published in Ladies' Home Journal, September 2011.
© Copyright 2014 Meredith Corporation. All Rights Reserved.