SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Put newspapers on the floor to keep it clean. This will also prevent the pumpkin from sliding around.
2. Kids should always work with an adult.
3. Use care and common sense when carving a pumpkin.
4. Make sure no one stands too close if the pumpkin carver has a sharp object or knife.
5. Use a marker to draw a face on the pumpkin before you start to carve.
6. Have an adult cut the top out with a knife.
7. Use a jar lid to scrape out the inside of the pumpkin. Dump the gooey pulp and seeds into a garbage bag. Clean well for best results.
8. If you use a candle, make sure to keep the jack-o'-lantern out of reach of pets and small children.
9. When carving a "face" into the pumpkin, always cut into the corners first. This will keep the pieces like the teeth and eyes from cracking or breaking off.
10. If you want to use a flashlight instead of a candle in your pumpkin, remember to add a hole in the back of the jack-o'-lantern, just big enough for the flashlight.