SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Roll out clay to a thickness of approximately 3/16 inch. Cut out 4 small hearts with cookie cutter. Set aside to dry.
2. Shape leaves by forming a marble-size ball out of clay. Flatten it into an oval shape, and press a crease into the center with the blade of a knife.
3. Form 7 or 8 small balls to place in the center of the flower. To make the blue flowers around the edge, form 5 balls of clay for each flower. Shape tiny leaves out of clay. Let shapes dry.
4. Glue clay shapes onto the lid and sides of the box.
5. Coil a piece of clay into a 1/8-inch-thick rope to trim the edge of lid. Place a thin line of glue around the edge and add the rope of clay around the edge, meeting at each flower. Let the clay dry on the box.
6. Paint the entire box, inside and out, using white. Let the paint dry. Paint the box pale yellow. Slightly overlap the paint onto the flowers and rope. Let the paint dry. Paint the large flowers red, the leaves and rope green, the small flowers blue, and all the flower centers bright yellow. Let the paint dry.
7. Coat the entire outside of the box and the lid using a generous amount of white gel stain. Brush the gel stain into all of the crevices of the clay design.
8. Let the gel just begin to dry, then gently wipe off with the damp, soft cloth. Don't overwipe; just wipe enough to take the top surface off, leaving the white stain in the crevices. Let the stain dry.
9. Fill the box with your choice of purchased or homemade potpourri.More Tips: